calibrate mV to V

I have acquired a tiny digital panel meter, but cannot calibrate it.

Although the manual says to change various jumpers (RA, RB, etc.), to change the mV value into Volts, none of these i.e., RB, RA=3D100 K=E2=84=A6= , RB=3D9.9 M=E2=84=A6 is visible on the board.

But there is a small pot attached at the edge.

So how to achieve the V.

Thanks.

Steve

Reply to
steve

Brand? Model?

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist!  I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!

I assume that the basic meter itself is set to read mV, and the jumpers you mention are locations for you to install resistors to make a voltage divider. If the basic range is

1999 mV (which is 1.999 V), then a divide-by-10 would give 19.99 V, and a divide-by-100 would give 199.9 V.

A divider made from 9.9M and 100K would give a 100:1 reduction. 900K and 100K would give 10:1. The smaller resistor goes across the present input to the meter, and the signal is applied through the larger resistor to the "high" or "positive" side of the meter input. View in Courier or other fixed-pitch font:

o---9.9M----o----- + | 100K Meter | o-----------o----- -

Best regards,

Bob Masta DAQARTA v5.10 Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter Frequency Counter, FREE Signal Generator Pitch Track, Pitch-to-MIDI DaqMusic - FREE MUSIC, Forever! (Some assembly required) Science (and fun!) with your sound card!

Reply to
Bob Masta

Oops, forgot to mention that this alone won't move the decimal point. There should be jumpers for that. Don't mess with the small pot, since it's probably for base calibration.

Best regards,

Bob Masta DAQARTA v5.10 Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Sound Level Meter Frequency Counter, FREE Signal Generator Pitch Track, Pitch-to-MIDI DaqMusic - FREE MUSIC, Forever! (Some assembly required) Science (and fun!) with your sound card!

Reply to
Bob Masta

Link to datasheet PDF?

Reply to