Help newbie!

Hi! I am in last year of high and want to study for Telecommunications Engeenering in university. What books or tutorials would you recommend me to read to learn the basics of electronic and telecom engeneering like circuits/logic, dsp, etc, but to be understood by someone with highschool knowledge of math and physics???? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
eltoni.91

Go to books.google.com and do a book search with "electronics". Not all of the books' content will be there, but typically you get a good chunk... for free.

Good luck!

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Radio Amateur's Handbook, by the (US) Amateur Radio Relay League. It's stuffed full of practical knowledge that they'll never teach you in school, and it's written for folks who never took engineering classes. For all that it's still practically useful: every time I've been in the cube of a 'real' RF engineer I've seen one lurking around somewhere.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

I'll second that suggestion ! Mine is over 20 years old and is still relevant today.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Xl.tags.giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!local2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.web-ster.com!news.web-ster.com.POSTED!not-for-mail

sv3-q1RmgS+QDMWsRkMIU2KjgYe0cnE4ZvzzPm8UJQiPtrGddPoSiUroOdjD0741717G+bC+/CGdj4V9fQd!EhybTbAFbjhJqdxojbfeizJEHwyFdvYA4zYtUpjPJC4EpNmkudSxVpaP3qkNA006GGU9DV8jOrzS!ydE60E0g6tivPK0=

Reply to
Ken Fowler

cal2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.web-ster.com!news.web-ster.com.POSTED!not-f= or-mail

+/CGdj4V9fQd!EhybTbAFbjhJqdxojbfeizJEHwyFdvYA4zYtUpjPJC4EpNmkudSxVpaP3qkNA0= 06GGU9DV8jOrzS!ydE60E0g6tivPK0=3D
,

's

Reply to
Michael

Xl.tags.giganews.com!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!local2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.web-ster.com!news.web-ster.com.POSTED!not-for-mail

sv3-q1RmgS+QDMWsRkMIU2KjgYe0cnE4ZvzzPm8UJQiPtrGddPoSiUroOdjD0741717G+bC+/CGdj4V9fQd!EhybTbAFbjhJqdxojbfeizJEHwyFdvYA4zYtUpjPJC4EpNmkudSxVpaP3qkNA006GGU9DV8jOrzS!ydE60E0g6tivPK0=

Reply to
Michael Black

local2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.web-ster.com!news.web-ster.com.POSTED! not-for-mail

+bC+/CGdj4V9fQd! EhybTbAFbjhJqdxojbfeizJEHwyFdvYA4zYtUpjPJC4EpNmkudSxVpaP3qkNA006GGU9DV8jOrzS! ydE60E0g6tivPK0=
--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

local2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.web-ster.com!news.web-ster.com.POSTED!not=

-for-mail

bC+/CGdj4V9fQd!EhybTbAFbjhJqdxojbfeizJEHwyFdvYA4zYtUpjPJC4EpNmkudSxVpaP3qkN= A006GGU9DV8jOrzS!ydE60E0g6tivPK0=3D

sp,

ath

It's

.

he

Reply to
eltoni.91

Win Hill's book, The Art of Electronics.

John

m!local2=AD.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.web-ster.com!news.web-ster.com.POSTE= D!not-for-m=ADail

G+bC+/CG=ADdj4V9fQd!EhybTbAFbjhJqdxojbfeizJEHwyFdvYA4zYtUpjPJC4EpNmkudSxVpa= P3qkNA006GG=ADU9DV8jOrzS!ydE60E0g6tivPK0=3D

ers

he

dsp,

math

=A0It's

es.

the

.
Reply to
George Herold

com!local2=AD.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.web-ster.com!news.web-ster.com.POS= TED!not-for-m=ADail

17G+bC+/CG=ADdj4V9fQd!EhybTbAFbjhJqdxojbfeizJEHwyFdvYA4zYtUpjPJC4EpNmkudSxV= paP3qkNA006GG=ADU9DV8jOrzS!ydE60E0g6tivPK0=3D

aders

ons

the

c, dsp,

of math

=A0It's

in

sses.

in the

re.

Reply to
eltoni.91

s.com!local2=AD.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.web-ster.com!news.web-ster.com.P= OSTED!not-for-m=ADail

1717G+bC+/CG=ADdj4V9fQd!EhybTbAFbjhJqdxojbfeizJEHwyFdvYA4zYtUpjPJC4EpNmkudS= xVpaP3qkNA006GG=ADU9DV8jOrzS!ydE60E0g6tivPK0=3D

headers

our

1

tions

rn the

gic, dsp,

e of math

e. =A0It's

u in

lasses.

n in the

here.

Reply to
Michael

ews.com!local2=AD.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.web-ster.com!news.web-ster.com= .POSTED!not-for-m=ADail

741717G+bC+/CG=ADdj4V9fQd!EhybTbAFbjhJqdxojbfeizJEHwyFdvYA4zYtUpjPJC4EpNmku= dSxVpaP3qkNA006GG=ADU9DV8jOrzS!ydE60E0g6tivPK0=3D

L headers

your

291

cations

earn the

logic, dsp,

dge of math

gue. =A0It's

you in

classes.

een in the

ewhere.

Reply to
eltoni.91

anews.com!local2=AD.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.web-ster.com!news.web-ster.c= om.POSTED!not-for-m=ADail

D0741717G+bC+/CG=ADdj4V9fQd!EhybTbAFbjhJqdxojbfeizJEHwyFdvYA4zYtUpjPJC4EpNm= kudSxVpaP3qkNA006GG=ADU9DV8jOrzS!ydE60E0g6tivPK0=3D

ALL headers

ss your

15291

nications

learn the

s/logic, dsp,

ledge of math

eague. =A0It's

h you in

ng classes.

been in the

omewhere.

Reply to
Michael

s.com!local2=AD=AD.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.web-ster.com!news.web-ster.co= m.POSTED!not-for-=ADm=ADail

1717G+bC+/CG=AD=ADdj4V9fQd!EhybTbAFbjhJqdxojbfeizJEHwyFdvYA4zYtUpjPJC4EpNmk= udSxVpaP3qkNA006G=ADG=ADU9DV8jOrzS!ydE60E0g6tivPK0=3D

headers

our

1

tions

rn the

gic, dsp,

e of math

e. =A0It's

u in

lasses.

n in the

here.

Reply to
George Herold

Geroge, the bad thing about Albania is that it has no electronics shop and there's not a single chip maker. If you want a component, you have to look hard in audio equipment/TV's repair shops and it has a 1 in million chance that you'll find specifically what you want. I'm going to the American University in Bulgaria to study for Telecom Engeenering so I think there's gonna be a decent supply of these components in their laboratories, but I dont' want to go there in total ignorance, knowing nothing about circuits, so I wanted to do some preparatory practice. Anyway, in any case I'm gonna improvise something. Elton.

Reply to
eltoni.91

Geroge, the bad thing about Albania is that it has no electronics shop and there's not a single chip maker. If you want a component, you have to look hard in audio equipment/TV's repair shops and it has a 1 in million chance that you'll find specifically what you want. I'm going to the American University in Bulgaria to study for Telecom Engeenering so I think there's gonna be a decent supply of these components in their laboratories, but I dont' want to go there in total ignorance, knowing nothing about circuits, so I wanted to do some preparatory practice. Anyway, in any case I'm gonna improvise something. Elton.

Reply to
eltoni.91

You received several excellent suggestions for books. Many others are free (to some extent) for reading, though they may skip pages leaving gaps. Nonetheless, valuable and fun information can be had. Use your imagination. Good luck with your future.

For example, check this one, which has much of what you need and want:

denali