newbie digital circuit design help!

im interested in small robotics, starting my electrical engineering class next semester - im wondering about microcontrollers, and circuit design together. where can i learn the basics of digital circuit design? and whats a good first step. a book suggested "getting started in electronics" the radioshack book, it comes soon but i think its analogue? i dont know, how can i learn how to deisign simple circuits at first!

Reply to
ed

Cool, thanks for the suggestion, I'm headin' to RadioShack after I leave work. I also found this website that I really like(so far)

Take it easy, Steve

Reply to
SklettTheNewb

"ed" wrote in news:1108605738.706578.91430 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

A good start is electrical engineering classes.

me

Buy a book about digital electronics, Don Lancaster has his CMOS Cookbook available a

Get some part and a power supply and start reading / experimenting.

Reply to
Lord Garth