Help Identifying & Locating Parts

My guess is that this is a data code (1994, 7th week)

You can enter BTW69 into google and find a data sheet. At least that number seems to refer to an SCR.

--
John Popelish
Reply to

It's been a while since I have played with board level components, and I guess I need to return to school!

I have been trying to identify & locate two types of parts for a battery charger, and I can't seem to find any references in the places I used to look.

I would appreciate assistance locating web sites that will allow me to look up the following parts (I found a Motorola parts site, but the part number didn't come up).

The first is a diode from Motorola with a part number of T9407.

The second I suspect is a power transister, or SCR in a TO-220 type package with a mfg logo marking of ST inside a square, and what I believe to be a part number, BTW69-200NS.

The two above items are from a Schaumacher Battery charger Model 612A-PE (a schamatic would be nice, but I believe I can effect repairs without it if I can locate parts).

Thank you.

Louis--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to
Louis Bybee

Hi,

It's using the European numbering system and is a 200V 32A SCR. The connections are K-G-A left to right. Cheers - Joe

Reply to
Joe McElvenney

look

number

package

(a

if I

I had typed the entire number into google with no luck. Eliminating the -200 produced results. Apparently the 200 volt part is dead.

The diode from Motorola with a part number of T9407 is the only marking other than the Motorola Logo on the device. It is a small button device that appears to be spot welded, or glued to the heat sink, and a spade connection on the other side. I guess I can work past not having a data sheet with the assumption that with the logo oriented as you would normally read it the top is the Anode?

I suspect substituting a stud mount type with sufficient voltage and current specs would work.

Thanks for the response.

Louis--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to
Louis Bybee

package

Makes sense as the part also has Morocco on it.