Crimper

Can someone recommend an inexpensive ( < $25) crimper for the connectors on mouser catalog page 888?

Chris W

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
http://thewishzone.com
Reply to
Chris W

There isn't much of a solution other than manually soldering (sparingly) and careful crimping with pliers.

If it says AMP, it's going to cost you but it will last. Some 15 years back I got burned with a 30 dollar RJ-45 crimper. After having to redo all crimps except those made to silver satin cable, I bought a $136 AMP crimper. I fail no crimps due to the tool now, only from my allowing a wire to land in an incorrect channel.

Reply to
Lord Garth

Go to Rat Shack or a real electronics store, with a pin if at all possible. Check their tool rack for crimpers. The one you want will look something like this:

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

If you are in the U.S.: Lowes and Home Depot (home improvement stores) has crimpers of many types (not all).

Reply to
fpd