Need replacement tip/plug for universal adapter (Powerline)

Hi,

I was trying to find some mega Radio Shack type place online... (Powerline doesn't seem to maintain a website.)

I'm hoping the techies here will know where I should look for a replacement tip/plug (it's a removable star w/4 sizes) for a "Powerline 1000mA Universal AC Adapter 3-12 Volts DC" model# 0900-33. I spent too long trying to find this with Google. It drives me nuts to throw away a $25 item for a $3 part that was mass produced - just wastefull, for me and the environment. (The end of the cord has a reversable piece (for polarity - 2 prong plug) which has a thin metal tube with a yellow plastic piece on the end - the adapter star plugs into that.)

Reply to
BrendaR

Hi,

I was trying to find some mega Radio Shack type place online... (Powerline doesn't seem to maintain a website.)

I'm hoping the techies here will know where I should look for a replacement tip/plug (it's a removable star w/4 sizes) for a "Powerline 1000mA Universal AC Adapter 3-12 Volts DC" model# 0900-33. I spent too long trying to find this with Google. It drives me nuts to throw away a $25 item for a $3 part that was mass produced - just wastefull, for me and the environment. (The end of the cord has a reversable piece (for polarity - 2 prong plug) which has a thin metal tube with a yellow plastic piece on the end - the adapter star plugs into that.)

Reply to
BrendaR

Try a dollar and more type store.

Or AllElectronics.com

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Check the bottom section of this Mouser catalogue page:

You will find some sets of four and six tip general replacement power jacks and replacement cords that accomodate the general replacement tips.

- mkaras

Reply to
mkaras