class A amplifier

John,

When I will complete my amplifier (in few years !), I will do some plasma speakers !

;-)

Olivier

Reply to
Olivier Scalbert

Nice! I wonder if it has good low-frequency response?

Could have trouble getting UL certified...

mrdarrett

might have

shout me

Indeed, because anything I say now, you will simply shoot down in flames.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

modern

His

magic

It's a lousy circuit and I won't waste any time trying to dress up its well-known shortcomings. If he wants a good class A output stage he needs to go back to the drawing board.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Back to the 80s, I have listened a plasma tweeter from the Magnat company. It was amazing. No mechanical moving part, no directivity. The sound is everywhere in the room. One asks them if they have something for medium and bass. (Marketing ?) answer is "no" due to patents owned by the army ...

I think that the major problem is the production of ozone, which was not good for health. Perhaps that also interests army !

Olivier

Reply to
Olivier Scalbert

might have

shout me

--
If you have a defensible position, how could I?

I think this whole "gamut of output stage" thing is made up, but prove
me wrong; let\'s see what you\'ve got...

JF
Reply to
John Fields

modern

first. His

the magic

well-known

the drawing

--
What he needs is a little guidance and since you profess to be able to
run through the gamut of output stages, why not offer a little help

JF
Reply to
John Fields

I can't abide fools. I've seen so many (including the ones the neglect first class advice and go on to trash entire companies) to have time for them any more. Life isn't long enough for that.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

In the 80s, most things were Made in the USA or Made in Japan. Nowadays I'm sure the Chinese would be more than happy to infringe any patents you are able to provide.

Plus the patents have probably expired by now...

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

This isn't the design group. The point of copying old circuits is making actual components perform as expected by actually putting them together and seeing what actually happens.

I think Eeyore needs a Pamprin.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Sandbox Moderator

modern

first. His

the magic

well-known

the drawing

What are the "well-known shortcomings" of a class-A emitter follower?

And what is your improved class A circuit?

John

find

modern

be

all

first. His

the magic

well-known

the >drawing

Start by thinking of the pull-up and pull-down current ability. And how that affects any reactance on the load.

Looks like a standard complementary emitter follower Class AB output but with the wick turned up. Turn down the wick and it transitions from A to AB to B to C.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

What a "Jack Ass" you are.. I didn't see any thing stated that he was looking for a high end system other wise, I think he would have known enough to go out and do just that how ever, it's seem evident that he is interested in the workings of how it's done from the ground up!.

Do you understand that your a total jerk at times? wait, maybe all the time I could be mistaken there, it wouldn't be the first time. \\

Yes Pro, of what, I have no idea..

"

Reply to
Jamie

Try ebay.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

might have

shout me

stage

Does Eeyore ever post circuits?

John

find

a modern

be

all

first. His

the magic

well-known

the >drawing

affects any

It can sink whatever current the sink transistor is running at. It can source whatever the emitter follower can pull up into the load + the sink. That seems pretty simple.

John

Does appearing on ebay make something "pro"?

|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

John

might have

shout me

stage

Why, yes...

Why do you ask?

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Rarely since the copyright for most isn't mine.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

affects any

And they're not equal are they ? Even less equal with the resistor load. I learnt that about 37 years ago. Basic high-end pro-audio practice.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore