Any good Cell Phone Jammer Schematics

If you teach Electrical Engineering you should be able to arrange for an effective Faraday shield, and not need a jammer. I knew how to do that 40 years ago when I was a teenager.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sure they do. They regulate CATV systems, and require them NOT to radiate.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Good plan - As long as the class meets in the same place every time. I've seen a whole lot more than one case where first meeting is here, second metting is in another room, the meeting after that is in a whole other wing of the building, and yet another meeting convenes *IN ANOTHER CITY*.

A local jammer *IS* a better way of dealing with it, IMO.

Nevermind the joy of having a directional jammer for those imbeciles who insist on using a phone while driving.

And no, I have zero tolerance for those doing it with the so-called "hands free" phones. You've got *ONE* job that means anything at all while behind the wheel: *DRIVE*. If your call is that important, then

*PARK THE DAMN CAR*, because *NO* call - I don't care if it's to/from god himself - is important enough to either make or take while you're behind the wheel. No exceptions, no leeway, no discretion, no discussion

- *NO CALL*, EVER, under ANY circumstances, PERIOD.

And for those who are going to claim I'm full of it, tough. We managed to survive for close to a hundred years before the cheap cell phone was invented without having more than a token number of (expensive-as-hell) phones in cars. I'm as "I want it all, and I want it *NOW*" as the next guy, but when it comes to "the next guy" blabbing on his cell phone when he should be concentrating on not hitting me or anyone else, welll...

*HANG UP AND DRIVE, ASSHOLE!* is about all I have to say on the topic.

And that doesn't even consider the outright rudeness of the asshole who takes (or worse, places) a call in a movie theater, or similar situation...

--
Don Bruder - dakidd@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn\'t on my whitelist,
or the subject of the message doesn\'t contain the exact text "PopperAndShadow"

I can see your point there, but to opposing argument is that someone could be trying to make an emergency call, either in your classroom or outside. It could be you on the floor having a heart attack while people run around trying to get out of range of the jammer to call an ambulance.

Another possible problem, particularly with a crude homemade jammer, is that it may well radiate at frequencies other than those intended and thus interfere with radios used by emergency services or even air traffic control (unlikely but possible).

Gareth.

To reply to me directly:

Replace privacy.net with: totalise DOT co DOT uk and replace me with
gareth.harris
Reply to
Gareth

For emergencies there should definitely be a land line telephone in the room.

Reply to
mc

Hear, hear!!!

Reply to
mc

You're preaching to the choir, Don. I've never had a cell phone account, and I rarely drive anymore. On the other hand, if very many people start using jammers, where will it stop? When there isn't any place that anyone can make a call?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Parents can call the main number to the school and get a hold of the student.

Reply to
DecaturTxCowboy

As well as battery chargers, aquarium heaters, electric fence charges, oil burner igniters, and outside neon signs.

Reply to
DecaturTxCowboy

Just *try* that at a 30,000-student university. I've seen it done. It requires the aid of the police and takes all day.

Reply to
mc

Don Bruder wrote: > I don't care if it's to/from god himself

I ponder iffen god uses Cingular or Verizon for this.

Umm, no..not Verizon or Sprint's CDMA...the "pilot pollution" problem when transmitting from over 12 stories up.

Reply to
DecaturTxCowboy

The student was insufficiently considerate to turn the thing off. That is the fact. The issue is *NOT* about what I think about people's memory, or whether or not I have ever done any mathematics, or any other smokescreen.

It's irrelevant. The lack of consideration is rude. Forgetting does not make it non-rude.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

I gather you are not a manager. If you are, you must be terrible to work for.

An act cannot be rude unless it is intentional.

People *do* forget things unintentionally.

Reply to
mc

According to some people he used that exclusive carrier: "The ark of the covenant"

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

None of those can wipe out all communications from an airport to planes for 20 miles or more like a damaged CATV system can.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Sun, 07 May 2006 09:28:13 -0500, John Fields Gave us:

Yes. It certainly would be near impossible to forget to turn it OFF as one places it in the rack!

It could even be a charging rack!

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On 7 May 2006 07:41:57 -0700, "flank" Gave us:

Then you LEARN something from the fine folks in these groups about WHY one cannot go round spraying "jamming" transmissions all over the place.

You don't just "jam" the local phones from getting calls, you FLOOD the cell node servers with CRAP data streams that cause far more problems for the system than your measly need to thwart usage in your classroom.

If you have all this discussion time here, and even think you have time to build such a device, etc, then your ass should have enough time to devise an implement a policy and procedure in the classroom that takes care of your cell phone kill needs, without trouncing on every cell user for a few square miles around.

You cannot just jam a phone, you would have to make radiations that would cause problems for any locally positioned cell tower nodes as well.

DIG? Or do you need it spelled out again?

YOU CANNOT MAKE SUCH "JAMMING" RADIATIONS. IT IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE, for reasons that are apparently far beyond your scope of comprehension, since you still seem to think that is the right route.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On 7 May 2006 07:41:57 -0700, "flank" Gave us:

You are one lazy bastard for a teacher.

Sorry, I just know my lines.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 7 May 2006 11:39:21 -0400, "mc" Gave us:

THAT is the simplest solution!

At the onset of EACH classroom session, the LAZY teacher announces to "turn 'em all off if ya haven't already..." Problem solved. Any infractions after that point can be considered as having been intentional, and can be dealt with according to an already established insubordination policy.

You deserve their respect, but first you have to teach ANY loser that doesn't really know what that is just who is holding the bag of marbles.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 07 May 2006 10:59:40 -0500, John Fields Gave us:

Most assuredly so, Ollie.

I not only think that if one does succeed in creating a signal capable of "jamming" a phone, it would also cause havoc with the cell node tower computer servers in any tower it pegged. It would cause problems for several square miles, easily.

That is a very baaaaaaad thing.

Holy Search and Destroy Triangulators, Batman!

Hehehhee.. I dare him to get one and try it. They nail his arse.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs