AA batteries in AAA slot?

If you have a Harbor Freight nearby, try getting some NiMH AAAs. Might also be available at Fry's, Target, Wal-Mart. You in Canada?

I'm not a fan of alkalines, either.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Look behind that package -- I'll bet there's another one on the peg. :-)

--
Regards,

It\'s time to throw all their damned tea in the harbor again.
Reply to
Doug Miller

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wote:

Yup, Canada. I'm still liking my original idea of using larger sizes in smaller slots rather than using geniune AAA batteries; perhaps because they last longer, or perhaps because I like playing God. (Cue lightning, evil music and laughter, and shadowy scenes of me forcing D batteries into AAA slots)

Doug Miller wote:

HARDY HAR HAR, FUNNY. :P I meant per package. Though even if I could find them in larger quantities, I still like the major life advantage of the larger sizes.

Reply to
phantom

They really are *not* hard to find. You're just not looking in the right places yet, e.g.

Regards,

It\'s time to throw all their damned tea in the harbor again.
Reply to
Doug Miller

--
Yup.

Check out:

http://www.batterybob.com/category.asp?cat=9002

Notice that in quantities of 500 the AAA\'s are still 3 cents more
expensive, each, than the AA\'s.

Also, the AA\'s have a capacity of around 2450mAH, while the AAA\'s
can only put out 1120mAH, so the cost per ampere-hour for the AA\'s
is:

            $0.19     $0.0775
    nAA = -------- = ---------
           2.45AH       AH

While for the AAA\'s it\'s

             $0.22     $0.196
    nAAA = -------- = ---------
            1.12AH       AH

So the cost for the AAA\'s, per ampere-hour, is about 2.5 times the
cost of AA\'s, and (neglecting the differences in the spec\'s for the
rate of discharge between the two) they only last about half as
long.
Reply to
John Fields

Reminds me of powdered sugar (I needed some for a fudge recipe).

Powdered sugar costs about double the cost, per unit mass, of regular granulated sugar.

If you make powdered sugar yourself by putting granulated sugar in a coffee grinder, you will find that 1/4 cup of granulated sugar makes

1/2 cup of powdered sugar.

So you're paying double the price for half of something that you could make yourself.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett