Dummy AA Batteries

Got this camera I finally figured out how to operate. Problem is it eats batteries. An alkalines you do not get that much. Now we got a box of rregular dry cells mainly for remotes and maybe flashlights, and I can barely gt three shots out of a pair.

Well I am tired of this shit and now I want to go with something external, and of course the cord is lost.

The batteries load end firs, one up and one down. I want to make someting that makes the connection and brings it out. I do not mind making a small hole for the wires.

I am sure I could hardwire this, ut I would prefer someting that would allow me to go back to regular batteries if I so choose.

Any ideas ? Or is there maybe an off the shelf solution, or something close ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Ni-Cd cells were notorious for failing short circuit.

Reply to
Ian Field

Get a newer camera.

About a decade ago, someone gave me a 1.6MP DSLR. WOrks fine, but the batteries don't last. IT doesn't matter, the smartcard has very little capacity anyway.

The second hand me down digital camera I got was better, but still seemed to use up batteries.

The Canon I got about 2009, I've never had problems with. It needs only two batteries (compared to the four of that DSLR) and I can take lots of pictures with nimh cells, and leave the camera for months and still be reasonably sure that the batteries still have some life in them.

Early digital cameras were current hogs, newer cameras have improved on that dramatically.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

I have seen some dummy batteries that were used when about 10 or 12 AA cells were used and 2 of them were dummies and were taken out when nicads were used to keep the voltage the same.

You could find some wood dowels and put a thumb tack in the end of them. Run the wires as needed.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

NOT HAPPENING.

Reply to
jurb6006

Run the wires as needed. "

Not bad. Actually I oculd dril holes through them and send the wires that way.

Wood. Hmmm. Never though of that.

Bottom line is I only need a short term solution.

Reply to
jurb6006

I used that plastic pipe. Over the 3 ft length it is flexible but for the battery length it is stiff. It came in a three foot length and was a perfect diameter. I screwed in stainless screws and modified the screw head. The screws held in the wires. Small hole in the sliding cover and that did it for that end.

I do not worry about wood rot or having to stain the wood for appearances. lol

OldeGuye

Most of my cameras were lucky finds in the bin room, I'm not much of a photographer so leaving alkaline cells in them till the next time they get used would be a bad idea.

There's various AA and AAA cells left on float charge for various other uses, when one of the cameras needs batteries I just pull a pair out of the nearest charger.

Reply to
Ian Field

My suggestion of using cells that have failed short circuit takes even less effort.

If you really want to make a job of it, you can bridge the + nipple to the outer casing with a blob of solder.

Reply to
Ian Field

They are becoming available. I got a 12x zoom camera at a garage sale in April for $20 Canadian. It's only 5MP, but since I'm not doing anything with photos other than looking at them electronically, that's fine.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black