Subject Author Posted Replies

mag field thing
OK, we paved the faces of a machinist's vise with super-magnets. We're getting about 10 mT, 100 gauss, in a reasonable volume, like this: The little Fujitsu FTR-B3GA4.5Z relays, in the worst...
29
29

Article on Replacement of potentiometers in todays electronic
Hi all I once read an article on how potentiometers are replaced in todays electronic, by digatal ways.... Does this ring a bell for anyone? WBR Sonnich
26
26

Reading on this datasheet, please
All the ST inertial sensors seem to have crappy data sheets from my point of view. They're very detailed about the stuff of concern to an embedded software guy, but their electrical specifications...
22
22

Re: Cheap AND simple respiration detector
On a sunny day (Mon, 06 Jan 2014 10:41:56 -0500) it happened Neon John wrote in : Thermoouples can be easily made and are extremely fast: I guess the breathed out air is usually warmer than the...
18
18

Conversation with a new circuit designer
My kid's working for me, doing circuit design under my direction. I get this phone call: Him: "so, is it OK if I put a 3.3V symbol upside down" Me: "Well the rule of thumb is absolutely not, but if...
49
49

Google Groups Alternative
I remember some years ago when one could configue an email program like Outlook or Outlook express for newsgroups. you needed to put in some numbers for an NNTP server or someting like that. Any idea...
33
33

OT: Firefox 26 and PDFCreator 1.7.2 - non-searchable text
I've spent the past hour or so trying to discover while printing using PDFCreator 1.72 in Firefox 26 why I no longer get searchable PDFs. In the past I have created searchable PDFs and now becoming...
17
17

Wireless microphone crystals
Hi, I ended up with a VERY old stack of 50-100 paper envelopes, each containing at least one crystal HC-49 full size. Some are new, some pulls. There are alien markings like 77-TX and T82B-TX as well...
2
2

LED replacement for 48" fluorescents
I think I posted hear a long time ago about a homemade LED replacement where I had to make my own fixture, and it worked out well. I bought parts to do a 48" retrofit some time ago, and finally got...
84
84

Calculate PSS of CMOS inverter
How to calculate the PSS (power supply sensitivity) for a CMOS inverter? I'm struggling a bit because I do not get meaningful result values. Let explain what I have. I have the following transistor...
1
1

PSRR of CMOS inverter
How to calculate the PSRR for a CMOS inverter? I'm struggling a bit because I do not get meaningful result values. Let explain what I have. I have the following transistor parameters from a simulation...
2
2

OT: SOT-523 PNP Question
I need something like a 2N3906 device in an SOT-523 package BUT with pin-out: 1 = Base 2 = Collector 3 = Emitter A client screwed up his PCB layout and has _only_ 5600 boards to patch... by Tuesday...
97
97

Better on east coast
Better on east coast: BTW there are high altitude jetstreams that must have carried a lot of bad 'smoke' all over the US too. The US gov has just bought millions of potassium iodide pills: Low level...
56
56

FFC jumpers
Hi, all, Distributor prices for FFC jumpers appear high, e.g. $5 for a 4-position, 6-inch unit at 0.5 mm pitch. That's pretty steep, considering the connectors only cost 60 cents per end. Where do you...
2
2

OT: Latching Door Stop
The door between our garage and house interior is a spring-loaded fire door... PITA when carrying bags of groceries, so I'm looking for a latching door stop, wall or base-board mounted (floor is tile,...
24
24