Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Google Groups On 10 Day Countdown
On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 16:51:52 -0800 (PST), Lasse Langwadt Christensen snipped-for-privacy@fSorry if this has been asked before, but what's to happen to their archives of the groups? Will they be...
11

OT: Excess deaths stats - sanity check
<>I just need a sanity check before I raise this with the relevant agency. If you scroll down to "Age specific rates, 2023, 2022, Baseline", and look at the three right hand columns. How can the 2023...
10
10

Re: relay switching circuit
They don't? I guess I'm not using "modern" NFETs then ... :( Or are you just gonna rely on the body diode?
3
3

Re: End of quantum computers?
It is a bold claim but not backed up by any convincing evidence. I can believe that classical computing and in particular NN type AI can be speeded up by making some gross heuristic approximations...
4
4

Re: This isn't working
Your X1 complementary NPN/PNP voltage follower has the bases floating when the button isn't pressed, they could pickup noise. The button current is very low and may not be enough to make good contact...
3
3

OT: The Putin Interview
Gentlemen, Tucker Carlson's lengthy and in-depth interview with Validmir Putin is up on Twitter and well worth a watch IMHO. I'd recommend skipping to 28 minutes in unless you're particularly...

Re: Why Bloat Is Still Software's Biggest Vulnerability
On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 06:43:31 GMT, Jan Panteltje wrote: That's all very impressive, Jan, but if you were *truly* a hardcore programmer, you'd be using machine code. ;-) More seriously, bloat enables...
24
24

What hardware and software for unit testing/SPLD device verification?
Not sure exactly what kind of widgets I need for this task, so any advice would be appreciated. I'd like to be able to run unit tests on GreenPAK-type SPLDs using some kind of unit testing framework,...
6
6

OT: In the Interests of Good Relations....
Those of us to the right of centre of politics are aware that there are an ever increasing number of people out there who are easily offended or frightened by hearing someone else's opinion. Some of...
18
18

Re: Palestinianians aboused
Not as a matter of principle - Trump is totally unprincipled - but because his approach was to keep his life maximally simple. > vilified, though. As if Trump was a "true peacemaker". Throwing...
10
10

Re: Circuit Analysis with LTSpice: 12-V Lamp Flasher
On Fri, 09 Feb 2024 07:24:43 -0800, John Larkin wrote: Mr. Bloggs had to use LTspice for a 12V lamp flasher?? Jeez!
22
22

energy storage breakthrough
will back up a 2 GW power plant for 4 seconds. Europe's deepest mine to become Europe's deepest battery • The Register
4
4

s-params help
We might design an RF switch gadget. We work in time domain, but we probably should specify VSWR or s-params or something. We have no gear to do those sorts of measurements. If someone has equipment...
13
13

Re: Google calls out spyware firms and advocates for tighter regulation
On Tue, 6 Feb 2024 05:18:40 -0800 (PST), Fred Bloggs wrote: What's a visa? Some ancient border control idea?
1
1

OT: Tucker Carlson to Secure Interview of the Decade?
This would be amazing if he can pull it off! ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero