Subject Author Posted Replies

74HC74 pulse shaping
What's the "canonical" way to use a 74HC74 D flip flop to "square up" pulses a la a Schmitt trigger? I feel like this should be possible but I'm having trouble finding example circuits that aren't...
117
117

OT: Win7 FireFox question
Reference: When one downloads & saves a file,one sees a grey arrow moving upwards to top of screen while fading out. Naturally, since this is Win7, there is NO CHOICE as to where the F it goes and...
24
24

OT: _John Dies at the End_
Having just watched this for the third (fourth?) time, I guess I can conclude that it has made my list of favorites! I shake my head wondering how folks can come up with this sort of stuff!!! (maybe...
7
7

Advanced Hobbyist Wanted for Casual Design Work
This will probably get slammed by the "pro's", but I know there are subscribers here who are not in the trade, but have sufficient ability to do design and prototyping. I sort of know who some might...
23
23

RIP Ben Tongue, Blonder-Tongue
A page about his history. Mikek
4
4

OT: getting paid
So, I've recently started trying to run a business on the side setting up sound reinforcement equipment for DJs and stuff like that. This is a kind of new area of business for me, and I've recently...
64
64

NYSE, WSJ, United Airlines Computer Glitches
NYSE stock exchange trading is halted, starting about 11:32 EST. They say a computer glitch, but very little info coming out. Earlier all United airlines flights were grounded. No info if they have...
1
1

OT: GoToMeeting Invite
I just received a GoToMeeting Invite in the form of some Micro$hit garbled attachment. Though it's text I can't decipher it. Is there a reader for such? Thanks! ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson |...
8
8

PIR sensor reacts on power
Hi all I bought an MP PIR sensor on eBay ( ), which works well, except when plugged in It has its owns battery, and works well when working on battery, but when I plug it in (I need it for longer time...
3
3

Anyone used this PCB fab?
I only ask - as they are very inexpensive and have a small minimum order (5 boards). Turnaround time is irrelevant - this is only for hobby purposes and most of must designs would fit on a single...
28
28

Riello uninterruptible power supply
The manual claims "selectable output range" but how can you select this range in non-battery mode? It seems you can only select the battery-mode voltage with the front panel LCD. Are there...

OT: French drain
Hi, Anyone have any experience installing/maintaining one of these? I need to span about 50-70 linear feet. The grade is essentially flat so I can pitch the plumbing anyway I see fit. I assume...
14
14

Weird Antennas
Anyone else remember the great Fractenna flap here? I see they went comme rcial but haven't really dominated the cellphone market as they projected. Then there was the Orbital-Angular-Momentum thing....
1
1

Metal Enclosure for Sensitive TIA Circuit
Hello All, I have a prototype TIA circuit with high-gain. I have the circuit laid out on a 4-layer PCB with the input and output pins of the TIA free of any inne r-layer ground copper pours in order...
15
15

AN: New Spice Model Posted to my Website... MC33161 Universal Voltage Monitor
New Spice Model Posted to my Website: See MC33161_JT.zip (Universal Voltage Monitor) on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website. (Also see DigitalPrimitives.zip for the digital details.)...