Weird Antennas

Anyone else remember the great Fractenna flap here? I see they went comme rcial but haven't really dominated the cellphone market as they projected.

Then there was the Orbital-Angular-Momentum thing.

Now we have "liquid metal" antennas:

The hook is that the length of the (vertical only so far, as far as I can tell) column is variable per an applied control voltage.

They claim a tuning range of 5.2:1 (0.66 GHz to 3.4?GHz) but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it's too slow for FM.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

rcial but haven't really dominated the cellphone market as they projected.

an tell) column is variable per an applied control voltage.

m going to go out on a limb and guess that it's too slow for FM.

A voice coil mechanism would probably do that, upto a point.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr