Subject Author Posted Replies

Is there a gschem symbol for 5V PCI card?
I am trying to use gschem for netlist entry, and have noticed that they have various PCI footprints(for pcb). But I can not seem to find the corresponding gschem symbol. How are people doing those...
4
4

Microcontroller phase locked loop, ping Tim Wescott et. al.
Has anyone successfully implemented a phase locked loop on a microcontroller? The frequency of interest would be somewhere in the 200kHz range, and the objective of the PLL would be FM demodulation....
27
27

Excellon Drill File - M70
I am reviewing PCB Gerber files returned to me by the PCB fab house after their edits. I am not able to load the Excellon drill file oddly enough. It has an M70 code which GerbV flags as an error....
4
4

Conductive nylon thread actuators
I think this is interesting:
9
9

question about Agent
I just installed Agent v 1.91 on my new Win7 PC. (I prefer 1.91 to the newer versions.) On my old XP machine, when I click "get new headers in selected group" it's really fast. On the new one, it...
38
38

Nice transistor for capacitor multipliers
The 2SD2704K: 870 < beta < 2700, V_CEO = 20, V_EBO = 25 (!), pretty low V_CEsat, ~20 cents. It's slow (35 MHz) but looks great for cleaning up power supplies. The high beta lets you use bigger...
23
23

oscillator with constant amplitude
I don't want anybody to design it for me, but in general how would you make an oscillator with a sine output of constant amplitude over a range of supply voltage (let's say the operating range of the...
32
32

Off-the-Shelf 70KHz Step-Up Transformer
I am looking for an off-the-shelf transformer that will step up a 12Vpp 70KHz square wave to around 10-20KVAC. It is for an electrostatic experiment, so very little output current is needed. I have...
13
13

Metal Oxide Varistor - Hidden (dangrous) Accident for Applications equipments such as AC/DC power supply, Surge Protector, etc.
Many electronic appliances will be designed with metal oxide varistor(MOV). MOV is a advantaged non-linear varistor, it is designed to suppress high vo ltage and surge by many circuit designers. You...
18
18

5.0V 0.1% reference
Looking for a 5.0V 0.1% voltage reference in a SOT-23 package, that can operate from +10 volts or more. I checked AoE III, Table 9.8, page 678. There's the LM4120A-5.0 that almost fills the bill, but...
5
5

7W IC amplifier
Hi everyone I have a 7W IC amplifier,in its instruction it says DC voltage should be 12-16 the Audio source to IN and G and connect 7W speaker to 'SPK'. I am supposed to use only lab equipment and no...
9
9

Breathing new life into the old technology of "books".
Hello, If all information on todays computers would have to be printed it's safe to say we would be short on earths full of trees ;) However books might have one adventage: the information retention...
32
32

SMT Nut, need to guessestimate the max torque
Hi I have a project where I need very high current from a wire on a PCB, and a connector wont cut it So, I have looked into SMT nut designs/SMT fasteners: The nut is reflow or wave soldered to the...
20
20

OT: Config.sys problem
I get an "XMS init error" message _only_ when i try for a driver; NONE of the other drivers ( or present that problem. Naturally, none of them can find my SATA CD/DVD drive. I have fiddled with my...
7
7

Widget manufacturing
So I have a widget designed that I've been thinking about getting manufactured. The original goal was to have the layout done by the end of August for a convention, but it looks like that may not...
14
14