Metal Oxide Varistor - Hidden (dangrous) Accident for Applications equipments such as AC/DC power supply, Surge Protector, etc.

Many electronic appliances will be designed with metal oxide varistor(MOV). MOV is a advantaged non-linear varistor, it is designed to suppress high vo ltage and surge by many circuit designers. You might never connect the fire with MOV because MOV is the protection com ponent. Actually, if you have done enough test you will find the MOV will be ageing while excess power frequency voltage,surge attacking, or high ambient temp erature, etc. once it fails, it will be easy to become overheating, obvious ly, the fire accident will become ture. Pls check below description.

One device component has been designed to update safety of the traditional simple MOV. It is TFMOV short for Thermal Protected MOV. It is embedment wi th anti-fire material, has a fire-proof case. The built-in MOV designed wit h matched thermal fuse. The thermal fuse could be disconnect the overheatin g failure MOV from circuit, in this way, it could effectively protect the w hole equipment in safe.

Take power outlet/sockets for example, "Even worse: in some cases as an MO V is failing, it will heat up. The temperature can be so high that the comp onent ignites, possibly causing a fire in combustible material nearby.(sele ct from

".

Please click

l-fuse-movtfmov.html and
eam&tab=photos_albums

If any of you are interested in it, there will be free samples could be off ered to your test. Pls contact snipped-for-privacy@setfuse.com for more details.

Reply to
kenny.sourcing

I reckon Setfuse.com sell the poorest low quality parts on the market. I wouldn't buy them if my mov was on fire.

Never ever buy from setfuse.com

Reply to
Techman

It can only go on fire if the circuit is badly designed anyway. Doing the right thing can be complicated and involve a lot of extra parts.

Reply to
sean.c4s.vn

Has anyone noticed that this is a spam? Maybe a bot.

Reply to
John S

Did you mean, "obviously, the fire accident will become true."

If yes, Well said!!

Mikek

amdx

On Wed, 05 Aug 2015 09:09:02 -0500, amdx Gave us:

Spock would say: "Illogical..."

Robot would say: "Danger Will Robinson!"

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Only if the "Fire_Accident=Fire_Accident + 01b" instruction is executed. Obviously.

Reply to
krw

Thank you Techman. It is not ture. SET did not produce poor quality parts. By now SET has been the vendor of EMERSON, Schneider, Philips, BELKIN, APC, GE,etc. It's quality has already been approved by lot's of enterprises. If you see the components in front of your face, you might change your stubborn opinion.

Reply to
Kenny Lau

Hi Sean, Yes, that is right. It will be always complicated and involve lots of extra parts to get a higher safe level.

TFMOV has been researched and designed out in small size, easy installing on PCB. And it will help to reduce the extra parts.

Reply to
Kenny Lau

Sorry John, It is not a spam. It is a promotion message. If there is a new good designed product it should be popularized for more people.

Reply to
Kenny Lau

This is a Usenet discussion group, not your personal billboard. Overt advertising here will hurt your sales and not help them, because folks here generally have an abiding hatred of spam, and only slightly less dislike of spammers.

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Hi Mikek,

Normally speaking, this won't happened. But if under complicated ambient, t hat will hard to say. There are still parts of fire accidents caused by MOV overheating. Because MOV might be aging under special condition. and it mi ght thermally run away due to the increasing leakage current or burn and bu rst in the event of a short-circuit fault.

Reply to
Kenny Lau

Then it's advertising, which is also discouraged. May I offer some suggestions since you don't seem to understand the problem:

  1. Would you want to read unsolicited messages of the type your posting? It would be as I dropped into the middle of what you might consider an important or interesting discussion, and proceeded to offer my design and repair services as if they were the solution to all problems. Is doubt that you would want that, yet you do it to others?
  2. If you check your sales figures, I suspect that they will be either unaffected or drop slightly as a result of your participation in this group. In other words, you might be wasting your time. Most people will not intentionally purchase anything from a company that engages in spamming, unwanted advertising, and interrupts online discussions.
  3. Usenet is not free. I pay for my Usenet service. That entitles me to complain to the service provider (Supernews/Giganews) about your advertising. If their complaint department also considers your postings to be advertising and/or spam, the will block your future postings. Hopefully, that will not be necessary.

That sounds more like a solution looking for a market, which is nothing more than advertising.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Well, now that you mentioned it, I've had overheating and fire problems with plastic power strip surge supressors with MOV's. For example: All of the power strips in my palatial office are either metal case or plastic with the MOV devices removed. Even with a metal case, there's a potential problem with the power switch or power jacks melting.

There's no need to design the circuit badly as a single MOV and no other components can overheat and start a fire.

Of course, I'm sometimes my own worst enemy:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Thanks for your admonish, I never meant to disturb others. And I won't do what I should not be allowed to do here. Thank you again. Everything should stop from here. Have a good day to you.

Reply to
Kenny Lau

Thanks for your admonish, I never meant to disturb others. And I won't do what I should not be allowed to do here. Thank you again. Everything should stop from here. Have a good day to you.

Reply to
Kenny Lau

Hi Jeff, Thank you. I do not meant to offend all you, but realize I did. No mater what sale figure it will be, my post is a kind of mistake here. I have no intention to distrub your regular discussion. Please ignore it. There is no more happened here again. Thank you again for your kind suggestions.

Reply to
Kenny Lau

Good on you Kenny. Look I don't like the spam either, so I'm not going to click on your link. But I do appreciate your replies to our criticism.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Sounds like some one doing research on material to be used in a lawsuit case..

Lawyers are crafty...

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook