Is there a gschem symbol for 5V PCI card?

I am trying to use gschem for netlist entry, and have noticed that they have various PCI footprints(for pcb). But I can not seem to find the corresponding gschem symbol. How are people doing those kinds of layouts? Use PCB directly without a netlist or does everybody draw their own symbol?

Reply to
Johann Klammer

I drew my own PCI edge conector, but that was in Eagle. It's really not that hard. The PCI spec has all the dimensions for the fab house.

Martin Riddle

AFAICT eagle has the connector. The 1/2 euro card limit of the freeware is a bit of a problem, tho... gschem/pcb has (pcb)footprint but not (gschem)symbol. So I wonder how people are using it.

Reply to
Johann Klammer

I don't know about Eagle.....

Can you just use any generic SIL or whatever connector with the correct number of pins and assign the PCI footprint to it.

Reply to
Techman

I've uploaded symbol and csv files:

I'm not sure if the pins are all correct...

Reply to
Johann Klammer