Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: The Witty Mahatma
The Witty Mahatma When Gandhi was studying law at the University College, London, a white professor, whose last name was Peters, disliked him intensely.One day, Mr. Peters was having lunch at the...
4
4

OT: W3C AFU #2
Unresolved errors: Line 31, Column 41: end tag for element "SPAN" which is not open $('.list1 li a').prepend(' '); **NOTE THEIR ERROR---------^^^^^^-^^^^^^^ Line 80, Column 16: there is no attribute...
1
1

OT: Microcipproblems #2 (pics at ABSE)
Got the stuff from MicroChip Direct. Everybody i talked to to there, says that the MPLAB CDs are no longer available. And it is impossible to find to find any CDs on their site; one is forced to...
4
4

Rossi patent granted for eCat
From the Q&A. The Patent clearly states that any of the Group 10 elements can be used and that Nickel is the preferred element due to abundancy and hence price. Have you tested all elements separately...
47
47

Urgent advice needed! Build a two-way crossover for speaker
Hi all. I am a DJ and I use two active 12" speakers for tops. Today one of them broke and I have a gig on Saturday. I have an amplifier rig with lots of free channels and want to convert those active...
2
2

cloning a PC
Given three identical PCs, what's the best way to clone the hard drive contents from one to the other two? The source machine is running Win7, and we have a batch of licenses; I'm trying to save...
30
30

Parallel R-C circuit impedance
It is obvious that with signal frequency increase, impedance of parallel R-C circuit decreases, since impedance of the capacitor decreases with frequency, and capacitor is in parallel with the...
5
5

Eternal Electricity
Would this work? I got this idea when one of my solar charged sidewalk lights ran out of power after a cloudy day. Normally that light lasts all night. I held a flashlight up to the solar cell charger...
49
49

OT: W3C AFU
** Here i added the type as suggested in the second error message below. Error Line 37, Column 10: name start character invalid: only S separators and TAGC allowed here ** Cannot have it both ways....
4
4

Board stuffing and test for protos--cost estimate?
Hi, all, I have an interesting gig designing a high-linearity photomultiplier module for a biomed application. It's sort of an optical version of a block downconverter, so it lives and dies by its...
6
6

analog error correction codes
There are 2 versions of analog error correction codes that I found. One is from the biological sciences: It uses simple mapping onto phase space to do error correction. The second uses chaos theory to...
1
1

Regarding MOSFET.transistor notation/symbol
Could some electronics guru please clarify the following ? A MOSFET(N/P-MOS) is a symmetrical about the gate, i.e., if in a circuit the drain and source pins are interchanged, the circuit behavior...
28
28

[pcb-lesstif] How to draw multiple alignment holes into polygons?
I'd like shaped holes in top and bottom polygons for aligning exposure masks. Two of them on opposite ends of the pcb. ________ | X| | | |X | |________| I seem not to be able to punch a second hole...
3
3

OT: Rust Removal
Does anyone have a favorite rust remover that can be used for removing rust due to water damage from a metal enclosure, but which wont damage any lettering on the enclosure? Also, what about rust...
20
20

US Grid Resistance/ Inductances
Hi To evaluate a challenge of a new design we need to know the US grid resistance and inductance, highs and lows for both, for 3 phase systems Where I live in Denmark, I can call up the power company...
10
10