Invention Idea: Cooled Bread Holder.

Hello,

Another one of my breads has gone bad with mold, mostly because of hot weather.

I have had enough of this mostly.

The problem I think is:

I can't really place the bread on the fridge... it's too cold and might ruin the bread too.

I think this needs something special.

Some kind of cooled bread holder... that keeps the bread cool at somewhat room temperature.

I am not sure if something like this exists already.

The only thing I know of is a coolbox for softdrinks, which uses air isolation to keep softdrinks cool when on the beach for example.

Amazing/marvelous invention... to witness something staying cool at the beach.

However it's too big to sit on table.

So I need something smaller.

I don't know if my invention/idea already exists, if not then I give it away for free for you to invent further and profit from !

As long as I can buy one ! ;) =D

Bye, Skybuck ! ;) =D

P.S.: I feel sorry for people in hot countries like africa ! ;) =D LOL.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Why not? I keep breads in the freezer. They are good enough to eat after warming up back to room temp.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

We put bread in a ziploc and freeze it. That's good for a month or so, until it freeze dries.

Maybe I could toss a couple of ice cubes in the baggie to keep the humidity up. Gotta try that.

Really fresh bread is so good, that's the first choice. Buy a baguette, eat it up promptly.

lunatic fringe electronics

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

...snip...

I guess you will want something to keep your butter at the right temperature too?

--

Rick
Reply to

Make melba toast and keep it in a canister.

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

First, it is bigger than a breadbox?

I like the idea, insulate one cabinet to keep the bread in. Then design a way to install Peltier units such that the heat can escape and the cool can drop down on your bread. What temp do want to store bread at? I can relate this, I keep my boat at 64* and bread lasts a long time on the boat. My wife used to buy my favorite Whole Wheat bread at the day old store. It was still very good, but also was more than a day old. There were times when I had to throw some away. A bread cooler would have been nice. Alas, the day old store doesn't have my favorite bread anymore.

Mikek

amdx

Freezing bread works very well. Keeping it in the refrigerator, not so much. The humidity gets to it and turns it to mush.

Reply to
krw

I think it's the condensation that promotes mold. It's better to avoid plastic wrap to allow air circulation. Everyone used to have a wooden breadbox to keep the bread clean and fresh (and free of bugs). Maybe a small fan can add some evaporative cooling to keep the bread at about 70F?

Reply to
Mark White

One problem is the bread/packing lady... adds to much air to the plastic bag.

She is supposed to push all the air out before ceiling it, but she doesn't do it... like the others do it.

So you theory/hypothesis seems to have some merit.

I suspect all that air contains germs/bacteria/virusses/mold/whatever, which could lead to faster spoiling of bread/mold formation.

Next time I buy bread I will definetly tell the lady to push all the air out ! ;)

Makes it fit better in fridge... no bag explosion/popping... and less bacteria in air.

Not sure which temperature is best... TEST IT if you want a good invention ! :) =D

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

That brings up milk and packing. For a time milk was sold in plastic bags, if you just let the bag collapse and NOT let air replace the milk that is drained, it is my theory that the milk will have a much longer life before spoiling. At one time in my life I had contact with a researcher killing bacteria in milk. Killing 99.9% is useless, my memory is they wanted a log 5 kill or 99.999% reduction of bacteria.

"What to do if you see mold on your food?

Don?t Eat ? BREAD and baked goods.

The USDA has a nice chart about how to deal with various foods that are moldy. Check it out for all the details. It breaks down into the two obvious options ? Don?t Eat vs. Eat.

throw these out if you see mold

Luncheon meats, bacon, or hot dogs, Cooked leftover meat and poultry, Cooked casseroles, Cooked grain and pasta, Soft cheese (such as cottage, cream cheese, Neufchatel, chevre, Bel Paese, etc.) Crumbled, shredded, and sliced cheeses (all types), Yogurt and sour cream, Peanut butter, legumes and nuts. Jams and jellies (The mold could be producing a mycotoxin. Microbiologists recommend against scooping out the mold and using the remaining condiment.) Cheese made with mold (such as Roquefort, blue, Gorgonzola, Stilton, Brie, Camembert)"

amdx

I am sure if you enquire, Monsanto would lead you to some wheat that is GMO engineered, where nothing will grow on it!

From what I understand, you can put a stick of margarine on a dirt or cement floor and no bugs will touch it. Maybe that will give you something to think about next time you slap that stuff on the bread.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Have her sit on it, then have her sit on you.

Reply to
JW