Awesome photonics

Wow. My new 28" 4K display is so much better than the dimly lit POS I was using. The difference is astounding.

It is well worth it to get this upgrade. Truly awesome!

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

300 Nit isn't all that impressive.
Reply to
krw

Yea; almost as good resolution as those old-fashioned boob tubes. With 1024x768 scan, i get 100DPI on my brand new 2001 Samsung Synchmaster monitor. That is a bit MORE resolution, and that is not the high end,either.. Oh yes, the video board that drives these modern CRTs does not take a Shasta Dam generator to run it..

Reply to
Robert Baer

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 00:13:21 -0700, Robert Baer Gave us:

The display it replaced was a 24 inch Samsung with 2048x1152.

1024x768 is lame.

I had a Viewsonic G220fb. It had a 250MHz video bandwidth.

It was the pinnacle of CRT tech.

This is better than that. Mainly because modern displays are 100% progressive scan.

Whatever.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

  • That is around 83DPI which is very crappy WRT 100DPI...

  • Prolly had up to 150DPI which kicks ass over any of those giant TV/monitors.
Reply to
Robert Baer