Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: C++ Redistributables
Which of these do I need... and which should I uninstall? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San...
14
14

Brushed universal motor speed controller connection?
Do I just (unplug and then) split one of the extension cord wires and attach the cut wire to those two terminals? Thanks.
8
8

How to Produce a Non-polarised EM Field
Can anyone here advise how to produce a non-polarized electromagnetic field for experimental purposes? In other words, non-linear polarization such as encountered with ambient sunlight, etc. It seems...
31
31

Identify Wire
I've got lots of single conductor stranded reels of wire to identify. How do I tell if it's 0.1 or 0.2mm strands? My calipers aren't accurate enough. All I can think so far is to snip a bit and...
67
67

sheet resistor simulator
Hi, I'm thinking about the shapes of some PCB traces and some metal brackets, specifically what the resistance of connections will be, and current densities. This will be mostly flat stuff, uniform...
28
28

Braided sleeving, fraying ends
I use small diameter braided sleeving (Ca 1.5mm) for covering wiring in matrix-boarded prototypes. It works fine except for the fact that the cut ends invariably fray, the board ends up with feathery...
6
6

Rds_on current sensing
I see power supply chips that use Rds_on current sensing -- has anyone done this in a home-rolled application? This is idle thinking based on a rather extreme frustration: I'm an avid model airplane...
40
40

OT: Another Win7 Annoyance
OT: Another Win7 Annoyance... I have a legacy program (PaintShop Pro 8) which does two strange things.... (1) When I choose "Print" it only shows the default printer and none of the others. I can...
7
7

Sorry, Yogi
To paraphrase Yogi Berra, electronics is 90% packaging, and the other half is thermal.
43
43

Voltage divider
Voltage divider is just two resistor connected is series, but powerful tool for calculating electrical potential of some nodes. Instead of solving sys tem of equations, all we need to do in order to...
12
12

frightening
This is frightening: After we dig up and burn all the oil and coal and NG that we can access, what will we do then to make more CO2?
81
81

Help, Cloning Micro SD using Win32Diskimager
I want to clone a micro SD card using Win32diskimager. I can't get the IMG name into the Win32diskimager window. I have a thought that I'm not saving the file as an IMG. I dragged and dropped the file...

OT: Dell Data Protection: Do I Need It?
OT: Dell Data Protection: Do I Need It? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ...
16
16

Temp Sensor w/ low Thermal Time Constant?
I am looking for a temperature sensor with a low Thermal Time Constant. Hopefully less that 1 second. Does anyone know if such a device is readily available?
25
25

automatic gain control circuit
Hello, I'm trying to come up with an automatic gain control circuit that can norma lize a 50Hz sine wave of varying amplitude (50mV to 5V), to an output of th e same sine wave but with an amplitude of...
16
16