Subject Author Posted Replies

LT Spice powering opamps
I usually have a couple of "voltage" things off to the side, making +5 and -5 or whatever, and have each opamp with little doglegs on its power pins, same net names. Somewhere I thought I saw a...
5
5

How do I make pcb-lesstif load custom footprints
(newlib) I don't get the footprint in the library window. The default libraries look ok. I've downloaded "pwrjack-2.1-5.5-3pin.fp" from gedasymbols, and put it in a local pkg/newlib directory. I've...
6
6

Netlist to Veroboard?
I've recently taken up my electronics hobby again. After basics like cleani ng up my shed workshop etc, I'm re-learning a lot of basic stuff I've forg otten during the last 15-20 years. This includes...
10
10

In The Ever lasting Chain Of Experiments The Next Project, ultrasonics, some question about DANGERS
In The Ever lasting Chain Of Experiments The Next Project, ultrasonic anti-fouling for boats. The asm looks like this, ; Panteltje (c) (anti fouling) Copyright Jan Panteltje 2015-always ; driver code...
4
4

Way OT: or not? Magnetic monopoles. (mm)
Way OT: or not. Magnetic monopoles. (mm) Back story: My son, 14 , was asking about the universe black holes, (he hates energy conservation.. :^) And I went on line and bought "the First Three...
14
14

Groundplane under SMPS power inductor
I have seen designs where there is a cutout in the groundplane under the power inductor in e.g. a buck converter. Inductor is nominally a "shielded" one. I assume it is to prevent some kind of...
48
48

algorithm that can distinguish between a sequence of pi digits and e (natural log) digits!!
Hi, Continuing my irrational? quest of compressing and then comparing irrational numbers, I have found a clear bias in the compressed sequences of pi and e. The simple test: 1. black box compression...
10
10

Now this... this is *really* fast
12
12

Hey Phil Here is a really good one.
Sweet characteristics.
3
3

Some names in PCB assembly
I've always stuffed my own boards but now have something maybe 100 -- 500 p ieces to start and looking for some suggestions on pcb assembly outfits. Sc reaming circuits is one that looks interesting...
22
22

another thermal thing
Here's a chunky TO247 transistor clamped to a heat sink. The insulator is a 20 mil thick slab of aluminum nitride, a sample from Sienna Technologies. Silicone grease on both sides of the AlN. The fet...
3
3

Thunderbird Issues....
TB seems to be working pretty well for me these days but there is at least one really annoying bug. I don't have to do anything, just randomly a dialog will pop up saying, "You have chosen to open:"...
6
6

OT: MPLAB error messages
Until today, whenever i did a build of my project code, i got a lot of error messages. Many 305 "Using default destination of 1 (file)", some 302 "Register in operand not in bank 0 Ensure that bank...
2
2

Magamp oscillator (2023 Update)
Is it at all possible to build an oscillator entirely from non-linear magnetics (OK, solid state diodes are allowed)? Best regards, Piotr
131
131

Low noise PMT conditionning
Hi all, It has been a long time since my last post on this ng. Hope things are going smoothly for all of you ;-) I'm working on revamping the electronics/software on the application based around a...
14
14