Subject Author Posted Replies

CircuitMaker 6 - Any hobbyist using?
As mentioned a few days ago I'm getting back into my electronics hobby and using CircuitMaker 6 for schematic drawing and simulation. Encountering a few obscure errors when trying my first few sims...
12
12

pretty good beer
Made in USA from Guinness Irish yeast. Nice yeasty taste, sort of a vaguely Belgian flavor, just a little hoppy.
15
15

How do I set the pcb-lesstif's min-silk DRC parameter
I got loads of errors for the 0805 smd resistors coz the silk lines are too thin. What I've tried: in .pcb/settings min-silk = 1.00 mil in a local min-silk = 6.00 mil ..saved earlier, that line...
1
1

Cellphone picture
Mikek
18
18

LC resonance program
All my old DOS programs are broken in Win7, so I'm gradually fixing them. Here's a little LC program. Sure, there are lots online, but they are mostly annoying in one way or another. Unzip both files...
16
16

OT: PICerror message; MPLAB SIM failure
1) I assume the 306 message below can be safely ignored. 003A 1B86 00110 T4L: BTFSC PORTB,K1.4 ; Wave enable input, 0 => enabled 003B 284C 00111 GOTO T5L ; skip lookup code when disabled 003C 3009...
2
2

(Software Driven) Transputer.
Hello, Here is an idea for futher exploration, it may become the future of computing in the far future, but perhaps it has some merit today. The "Software Driven" transputer is the most purest form of...
9
9

AMD suited for selling 4 core chips as 8 core chips.
Another chip company in trouble because of "fraud", AMD suited for selling 4 core chips as 8 core chips: I am happy to see these lawsuits. I hope CEOs of these companies take time to have a serious...
34
34

OT: Video Recording
What's the best program to use to record your PC screen as you perform various operations? ** I'm considering creating a few tutorial videos. ** I hear that camstudio is nice _EXCEPT_ it also installs...
27
27

OT: Siemens SX576 router bridge mode
Does some know how to put this router in bridge mode ? This router is connected with UTP to main router on the other floor... GM

SPICE simulation -- how to bias a crystal oscillatoir
Could some electronics/SPICE guru please help ? I have a simple model of a quartz crystal, as used in an oscillator. With my SPICE simulation, I can measure both the parallel and series resonant...
26
26

new whiteboard
I love whiteboards. They increase my IQ by about 10 points. Great for solitary or group brainstorming. I sometimes photograph whiteboard sketches and send them to customers, in emails and proposals....
19
19

In The Ever lasting Chain Of Experiments The Next Project, ultrasonics, part 4
In The Ever lasting Chain Of Experiments The Next Project, ultrasonic anti-fouling for boats. OK, Got the push pull drive working, The cycle by cycle current limit reacts, will wind a current...
9
9

Visualizing the 4th, 5th, 6th dimensions and such.
Hello, Let's suppose for a moment that Earth itself is sitting on some invisible matter. Matter in another dimension. Matter in another dimension which is influenced by "special/magic" fields like...
12
12

OT: Doctors are NOT gods; fire those that act that way
Quote from a doctor: Your Doctor Probably Won't Get This Question Right... Your doctor could be killing you. I've been saying this for years. Blind obedience to everything your doctor tells you is...
13
13