Subject Author Posted Replies

ww1709.1
Is that Monday, April 24? -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc lunatic fringe electronics
5
5

OT: winmail.dat
OT: winmail.dat Seems we discussed this a few years ago, and I can't remember the solution... I'm getting E-mail from a client with attachments "winmail.dat" How do I view them? ...Jim Thompson -- |...
9
9

cool water video
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
6
6

Eagle and thermals
My thermals in Eagle are sometimes to conductive. (I'd like them thinner or longer.) I've been f-ing around with various parameters (mostly in the DRC) but can't seem to change them. Any ideas? TIA...
8
8

OT: Priority-style HDMI Switch
I'm seeking a ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |...
7
7

Like Quicksand
I've been fighting computer problems the last few days. My laptop has a problem where it periodically blue screens mostly with a message relating to IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Sometimes it gets in a mode...
25
25

Cantherm thermostats
Has anyone used/measured these? I bought a 140C one from digikey, (The /F20A... is the part number.) Sticking this on a hot plate in open air ~180C.. well the solder on heater resisors melted first. I...
4
4

some CAT6 measurements
That's an FFTP CAT6 cable, with individually foil shielded twisted pairs with drain wires, and an overall foil shield. Looks like there's lots more capacitance from wire to shield, than wire-to-wire....

capacitance between pads
Can anyone tell me: 1) Capacitance between adjacent SO-8 pads. 2) Capacitance between different-size pads on opposite sides of PCB, spaced say 5mm apart, with standard 62-thou FR4 material, etc. Wish...
24
24

OT: Nothing Happened in Sweden Again Last Night
Nothing to see here; move on, move on! Just a "cultural misunderstanding" no doubt.
10
10

Small Parts orders
If you go to ebay and, in the search area, type the part type you are looking for, there will be numerous links, many with free shipping. Personally , I type " DIY resistors China " since there are a...

Best place for a hobbiest to buy small amounts of parts?
What is the best place for a hobbiest to buy small amounts of electronic parts? I am looking for an online source where I can place orders for a handful of parts at a time, which does not require $50...
58
58

Which Mesa guitar amp has 12 power output tubes
There is supposed to be one of the Mesa guitar amps that uses 12 power output tubes in some sort of push-pull parallel - parallel manner. I'd like to look at the schematic, just to see how it's wired....
7
7

Raspberry --> buzzer
Hi to all. Buzzer: ... My buzzer makes a noise when the GPIO output is off. Shortly, if i set high it will play sound normal, but when pin is low / turned off, i can still hear some white noise...
6
6

Capacitive discharge welder(again?),how to preserve capacitors?
Hello in years i got shelves full of surplus screw aluminium capacitors,and sometimes i needed to solder batteries without warm them. I spent some time reading the many projects of capacitive...
6
6