OT: Nothing Happened in Sweden Again Last Night

Nothing to see here; move on, move on!

Just a "cultural misunderstanding" no doubt.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Of course >:-} ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Arrest a prominent member of a drug dealing gang, and the rest of gang stag es a riot. The police then start patrolling in pairs, which means that drug dealers have half the chance of being picked up, unless more police are mo ved in from other areas. Read your games theory.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 11:30:41 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org wrote :

ages a riot. The police then start patrolling in pairs, which means that dr ug dealers have half the chance of being picked up, unless more police are moved in from other areas. Read your games theory.

Or arrest a prominent member of a drug dealing gang. The rest of the gang stages a riot. Arrest all the rioters.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

S/Arrest/Shoot/

Reply to
krw

te:

stages a riot. The police then start patrolling in pairs, which means that drug dealers have half the chance of being picked up, unless more police ar e moved in from other areas. Read your games theory.

ng stages a riot. Arrest all the rioters.

That is what would happen in an ideal world with an infinite number of poli cemen who were immediately available. You need to have more policemen than rioters any place where you want to arrest all the rioters. This is tactica lly difficult.

Your lack of apreciation for this obvious fact is not unpredictable. Games theory includes stuff you clearly haven't mastered.

If the police had known they were going to arrest a prominent memmeer of a drug-dealing gang, they might have arranged better back-up.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 12:18:53 PM UTC+11, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrot e:

ote:

stages a riot. The police then start patrolling in pairs, which means that drug dealers have half the chance of being picked up, unless more police a re moved in from other areas. Read your games theory.

ang stages a riot. Arrest all the rioters.

Riots are messy. At Kent State the national guard shot a number of non-riot ers (actually non-protesters, since Kent State didn't involve any kind of r iot).

The Swedish police are rather better disciplined than the National Guard we re at Kent State, and disinclined to shoot anybody who is offering anything less than deadly violence.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

No one was killed or even seriously injured as I understand it.

Sounds like the Swedish police handled the situation very professionally.

John

Reply to
John Robertson

I just wonder how many shots may the US police fire during the time the Swedish happening was on.

--

-TV
Reply to

Cut the crap... the population of the United States is 33 times that of Sweden. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

Not enough. And not as many as the thugs.

Reply to
krw