Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: The "Sweden Incident"
Now an every day occurence in that wonderfull welfare capitol of europe..
137
137

LT Spice diode c-v
A diode model looks like .model 1N4148 D(Is=2.52n Rs=.568 N=1.752 Cjo=4p M=.4 tt=20n Iave=200m Vpk=75 mfg=OnSemi type=silicon) If I want to model some other diode c-v curve, I can edit Cjo as needed....
5
5

Four Phase Drive From Signal Generator
I would like to use an audio sine wave generator, plus four amplifiers, to drive a custom-made four phase motor at low speed. To enable adjustment of the rate of rotation, it needs to operate over a...
10
10

why did Shannon only consider sequences satisfying the same distribution when computing capacity?
Why did Shannon only consider sequences satisfying the same distribution when computing capacity? what happen if we are allowed to pick sequences satisfying any distribution? These questions are...
22
22

Opera Browser Issues
I've been using Opera as my main browser lately and it has worked well until today. I've been moving a web site to a new provider and twice now when I attempt to download a file the browser locks up....

I look at a print and found two I can't figure out a resistor marked 0j47 & 6j8
There are two resistor values I don't know One is 0j47 and the other is 6j8
4
4

Spicing a twisted pair
Given a 100 ohm (differential Z) shielded twisted pair, what's a good Spice model? I can assume the shield is grounded on at least one end. Two separate 50 ohm lines, each with grounded low sides,...
21
21

LiPo charging switch
I got the GF one of these Velleman "rolling message" kits for the GF for Christmas, which with a few minutes of training she managed to solder up herself, and likes a lot to leave messages for her...
3
3

good dam pix
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
15
15

Tiny high mu toroid cores
For a number of years, I've been using tiny high-mu toroid cores made by Vacuumschmelze for ISDN transformers. These were amorphous metal cores, Vitrovac T60009-E4006-W650. It's a 6.9*3.2*2.3mm core...
12
12

Eagle solder stop mask
area without solder mask using eagle I'm combining 2 boards into another board, or panel, comprising 4 copies of one board and 1 of the other. The 4 copies have a normal solder stop mask but the...
4
4

Low Bandwidth Disk Operations Saturate the Drive
I often see my computer limited by the activity of the disk. It will be at 100% according to Task Manager, yet the actual activity will be well below 1 MB/S. Other times the activity will be in the...
15
15

How many transistors in a ...
So, I kinda hit a threshold in a recent YouTube video when the announcer just casually threw out "the transistor acts like a switch..." I'm kind of curious about the world proportion of transistors...
60
60

arrgg - ES1J failed
Aarrgg - my ES1J failed. It was in a 20V to 350V step-up, and delivering only 35mA.
30
30

Codewright Failure
Newsgroups are my last ditch resource for bugs with old software. I know Codewright is old and no longer supported. But I have it and I'm not ready to switch. Meanwhile, something happend while I was...
20
20