OT: Priority-style HDMI Switch

I'm seeking a ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I'm seeking a Priority-style HDMI Switch

Problem: Cable boxes typically have power always on in their HDMI output, which screws up automatic switching.

Is their a device which prioritizes output depending on the location of the powered feed?

Thus, if cable box is #1, always with power, but location #2 comes on, location #2 is output? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

For clever HDMI solutions see Ligawo at

Rob

A workaround would be to aim two or more projectors at the same screen; when one gets no input, it goes into power-save mode.

A really smart solution would also blank the screen when tuned to a music channel.

Smart TVs - can't they do this? Come up with a control program to make 'em do something besides advertisement enhancement.

Reply to
whit3rd

Hi Rob, Thanks for the link! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Talk to tech support at Black Box, Inc.. They make some interesting units for this type of issue.

I use one of their boxes to force video sources to see a fake monitor ID, a llowing a graphics card to see a constant size /scan rate when I switch so urces. This makes Win 7 stay in split screen mode for presentations, and I can switch back without a glitch.

Steve

Reply to
sroberts6328

Thanks, Steve! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

This is what Ligawo also do. They make all kinds of switching and transcoding boxes for many different purposes related to video and audio.

Reply to
Rob