Subject Author Posted Replies

Cost of eclipse in lost solar power generation
Wanna guess how much solar generated power California lost due to the eclipse? Start here: The graphs were scraped from the CAISO (California Independent Service Operators) web pile the night after...
42
42

OT: Skype for Business Basic
Trying to interface with a customer using Skype for Business Basic. Since Skype is now a Micro$hit application, any advice on cautions, installation traps, etc? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson |...
17
17

radar stoty
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
48
48

BF862 discontinued?
Looks like NXP are phasing out the BF862: Any alternatives in mind for simple low-noise transimpedance frontends and bootstraps? Having just started to design things using the BF862, I quite liked the...
10
10

OT: US navy collisions
Hey guys dumb question from down under. There's been a couple of collisions lately, how can a navy ship collide with another vessel? I would have thought that there would be multiple radars being...
60
60

Over 100 AI Experts Are Urging The UN to Ban Killer Robots
Yeah, those UN bans work great!
12
12

OT: Banning Antifa
It'll be so nice and peaceful when this bunch of illiterate anarchist thugs finally become a proscribed organisation. I've done my bit. Will you do yours? -- This message may be freely reproduced...
6
6

The active filter cont.
So I've finally built the device (8th order bandpass based on LTC1562-2) and it works. It turns out that my intuition was, unfortunately, correct: the gain of 36dB built into the filter caused the...
21
21

OT: Firefox Profiles from One HD to Another
Original Firefox profile is somewhere on an XP-based hard-drive. New machine is Win7 Pro 64-bit I already have the old drive connected to the new machine via a USB adapter and can read it. What's the...
9
9

Picker and "pusher" - piston
Hi to all. I need to pull and push objects that is moving on track. The weight of the object is around 20kg so am trying to calculate what do i need in this design. Simply explained, this "picker" is...
12
12

MAX690?
Is there a power management IC similar to the MAX690 that can be used just to achieve switchover between say a 3.3 volt main supply and supercap to provide sleep-mode standby power to a uP, and a...
4
4

Electronic device that buzzes like human lips playing a brass instrument?
Anyone ever heard of a device that can create a buzz the same way human lip s do when playing a brass instrument? I.e. a membrane that oscillates but t he propagation of the flapping/buzzing/vibrating...
19
19

Semi OT: Tesla Model 3
Ugliest Apple iPad interior ever: Volt has a console that looks like something you'd want to drive, and not a smartphone. Guess GM engineers never told them that one of the biggest complaints about...
64
64

Long term drift of voltage reference is unknown, can we guess?
Hi STM32F031 microcontroller has an 1.2V internal voltage reference, a 4% initial tolerance spec Datasheet: Reference spec page: Temperature drift is 10mV (+/- 0.4%) I will be calibrating it in the...
27
27

Analog engineers pocket ref
Free ebook from Ti ( you need a MyTi Account to login) Cheers
4
4