Subject Author Posted Replies

RF Quiet Wall warts
It's been a year or two since I listend to AM Radio, and in that time theres a new Roku box and linksys router. Well, I couldn't hear anything on the AM band when I checked a week ago. So the quest...
59
59

OT: Kurt Schlichter
OT: Kurt Schlichter (today's editorial)... "Through all this Tea Partying and Trumping, we normals got a taste for power, and we like it. We're not just going to just shrug our shoulders when the guy...
8
8

America Admits Inferiority to Russia H.R. 3259
H.R.3259 Preventing Usurpation Through International Networks Act, or PUTIN Act for short, would forbid federal funds from being used towards the crea tion or support of a joint cybersecurity unit...

OT: Traffic Stops and Boating
I just read a court case in PA Superior Court that decided random boat inspections are unconstitutional. Most people would relate this to traffic stops where in theory you aren't supposed to be...
7
7

I need a robot arm, for relative low cost and low performance
Hi Sorry, this is probably not the right NG, but here it goes: I need an robotic arm, something like this one: The price is 12k USD, and that is ok for me I need only a payload of max 500g, and a...
2
2

OT: One small breath of fresh air
OT: One small breath of fresh air... will it last? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen...
6
6

Re: OT: Phoenix protester gives his balls to the cause
"Poetic" justice ?>:-} That wasn't the only one that was hit... another was dropped and left laying there by his fellow cretins... a COP came over and helped him off the street. Personally I think...
6
6

Test a lead-acid battery "in-the-field"
I have to design an electronic circuit that must be supplied from an AC/DC, when the AC is present, and from a 12V lead-acid battery, when the AC is absent (blackout). The circuit will need 1-2A...
11
11

Newkark? (Element 14)
Is it just me, or is anybody else getting promo email from Newark Electronics where the title of the email campaign is spelled "Newkark"? This is the 2nd one I've received in recent memory (past...
2
2

Why Commercial Ships Do Not Bump Into Each Other
It's just this simple: The navigation radar can take care of the stationary and small stuff. That's the "stoty."
9
9

H.R. 669 Dumbest Piece of Legislation Ever
Presidential autonomy in ordering a first strike is NOT a foreign affairs issue, how dumb are these idiots.
23
23

Origin of the Word Robot
No- it's not an acronym:
13
13

OT: Pardon me while I have a good laugh
OT: Pardon me while I have a good laugh... The lame stream media seems unusually silent this morning about the "ANTIFA" rioting in Phoenix last night. Could it be because there was NO white supremacy...
24
24

Ping bitrex
I spotted this hilarious cartoon and immediately thought of you... -- This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through...
11
11

Flat earthers are crazy
I watched this video about 2 guys that are sure the earth is flat They say Antarctica surrounds the flat earth and holds water in. They claim there's a secret treaty preventing people from going there...
184
184