Over 100 AI Experts Are Urging The UN to Ban Killer Robots

Yeah, those UN bans work great!

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Autonomous cooperative killer robot swarms (drones) already exist.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

All those "robots take over the world" movies always seemed like metaphors/psychological projection to me. Psst...they aren't really about real mechanical robots with silicon brains

Reply to
bitrex

They do not- their existence is hypothetical.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Actually a version to hunt and destroy a particularly bad invasive crown of thorns starfish is already sanctioned and in progress to protect the Great Barrier Reef. So far so good but it is well short of a T1000.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Reply to
Martin Brown

True, but that's not a cooperative swarm like Larkin was claiming. The only cooperative swarm there is the invasive starfish.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Then my source must have been delusional.

lunatic fringe electronics

Are your sources Russian? They're much better at producing CGI animations of their imagination than actual working systems. You think our government is full of the brown stuff? It's nothing compared to those useless assholes.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

What that really means, is that there have been serious advances in that direction for "war enhancement"..

Reply to
Robert Baer

We could all play on Facebook while our robots battle their robots.

lunatic fringe electronics

Well, i looked at some human sized robotic arms with high torque servo. It's kind of disappointing that high torque means one or two pounds of force. We are a long way from building T1000.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Autonomous killer robots exist. They are not "hypothetical". They are in development not in production. The ethical question that needs to be answered before production would be allowing machines to take human life without human control over the action. So obviously all hunt and kill tests are simulated. Of course here we all know that it's a simple matter to have things arranged so that all you need to do is flip a few flags and your R.U.R moral servant instantly becomes a terminator. Yeah, humans have control of the flags but you know how THEY are!

Reply to
benj

ns of their imagination than actual working systems. You think our governme nt is full of the brown stuff? It's nothing compared to those useless assho les.

Cops used a robot to kill a suspect not too long ago. The robot found the s uspect and was negotiating with him, via radio comm with the cops. Then the y got the idea to place a breaching charge on the robot. The robot returned to the suspect, who believed it was just another chit-chat session and KA- BLAM- no more suspect.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred