Subject Author Posted Replies

Commercial circuit, 1210 resistor dissipating 1 Watt
After replacing a defective 9V regulator, an output Mosfet a transistor, and a 100 resistor that looked like it had been hot, I have a working FM transmitter. But then I noticed the 100 ohm 1210 smd...
26
26

Quantization and sample/hold in spice
Hi I need to introduce and error in a signal, both quantization and sample/hold Sofar I have done it by placing an opamp based sample/hold followed by a 8bit ADC (ADC8break) and a 8 bit DAC...
19
19

Re: Periodic Table of Nucleus Shapes
Or even a bagel, but on average they *are* a pretty good approximation to an incompressible sphere with quantum fluctuations to more esoteric shapes. That holds good until you get nuclear material in...
10
10

OT: Quotation of the Day
What have I been saying... "If you want to tear down racist monuments, you need to start with the living monument dedicated to white supremacy: Planned Parenthood." ...Jim Thompson -- | James...
1
1

Microchip ICD4 ?
Any folks using this ICD4? Cheers
78
78

merger
Digikey should merge with Amazon. It would be great to buy parts with one click, no POs, no invoices, 2-day Prime delivery. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision...
9
9

Spacistors
I read from 1959 that 'the Spacistor may be used to amplify in the kilomegacycle range' [gigahertz]. Yet I've never heard of them in modern times. Why? NT
5
5

Microsemi FPGAs
Has anyone used the Microsemi SOCs, the SmartFusion2 FPGAs with an ARM Cortex M3 on chip? How good/awful is the tool set? Any big likes or dislikes? They look like a pretty good deal for a medium FPGA...
2
2

ZVS Induction Heater Setup
I have a 1000 watt ZVS induction heating unit (the Chinese one) and am a complete novice with electronics and may very kill myself, but I wanted to set up a small aluminum smelting rig for small...
2
2

Employing high-frequency alternating magnetic fields for the non-invasive treatment of prosthetic joint infections
Complicated by very effective, and a major breakthrough from conventional treatment.
16
16

Maser Amplification
I was reading "The Idea Factory: Bell Labs and the Great Age of American Innovation" where I was reading about the development of the maser, laser etc. I get the principle of generating a microwave...
11
11

Physicists detect radio waves with light
"The new approach is simple in principle. Their device consists of a thin membrane of silicon nitride coated with a mirror-like layer of aluminium. This nanomembrane is suspended above an electrode...
12
12

Lincoln Memorial Vandalized
Officials with the National Park Service (NPS) said the red spray paint app ears to state ?[expletive] law? on one of the memorial? ??s columns overlooking the National Mall... This is the same antifa...
4
4

OT: Government Waste Elimination
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
21
21

OT: Violence is the Leftist' Tool
OT: Violence is the Leftists' Tool... The only cure for this runaway situation is cutting off federal funding: (1) Cut ALL federal funding to colleges and universities (2) Discontinue...
65
65