Subject Author Posted Replies

Best PCBCAD package for beginner.
Does anyone have any recommendations for PCB design package. Looking at EasyPC and PCBCAD51 at the moment. Seems a big difference in price for two things that do a similar job.
3
3

OT: Better Late Than Never
I've done my bit. Will you do yours? -- This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through other protocols, whether for...
3
3

Dirt cheap inverter/buffer with RDSon < 10 ohm?
Hi I am using the 74AC14 for driving a medium power MOSFET I need it dirt cheap, so no external small signal MOSFET to help to drive the power MOSFET possible 74AC14, which is very cheap, has 24mA...
19
19

Ex-NASA Scientist James Hansen: There is a Clear Link Between Climate Change & Stronger Hurricanes
Interesting "And then, the third thing is the strength of storms. Thunderst orms, tornadoes, tropical storms all get their energy from the latent energ y of water vapor. And because the atmosphere now...
21
21

Labor Day???
I notice the cretins in charge of Los Angeles have decreed that henceforth Columbus Day will now be "Indigenous Peoples' Day"... But they really missed the boat... Isn't "Labor" Day sexist? You'd...
8
8

Gigaworks S750 repaired by Regenboog Heerlen
Hello, Finally some happy news from me regarding the Creative Labs Gigaworks S750 !!! These guys at: Managed to repair it ! They ordered some parts, and repaired it the same day ?! Amazing ! And I can...
2
2

"Low" Noise Amp
Sort of loosely based on the idea of AoE3 Fig 8.42 (the bottom one), with some embellishments (cascode to deal with Ccb, CCS collector load, follower output, diff pair for obsessively stable bias...
25
25

very strange Microsoft Word bug
This has happened on four computers so far, including two of mine off-site. Win7Pro and Office2010. In Word, a tooltip mouseover or a right-click times out in about a second. That makes it hard to do...
23
23

OT: Well this is slightly eerie
Written in June "Houston fears climate change will cause catastrophic flooding: 'It's not if, it's when"
130
130

TL783 - are there any newer high-voltage linear regulators?
Is there anything later than the TL783 in a high-voltage (125V or so) linear regulator? That's all DigiKey lists, and the TL783 is from 1981. John Nagle
23
23

OT Lawyers
Hi all, sorry for the OT post.. looking for advice. First the sad (but a bit glad) news. My mum passed away from Alzheimer's ~two weeks ago. I've been missing her for at least a year and am mostly...
49
49

OT: Bill Sloman's Exemplary Paradise
Cultural enrichment Swedish style: -- This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through other protocols, whether for...
53
53

Cutting Plexiglass (Perspex)
Anyone have experience in accurately cutting 1/8" thick acrylic Plexiglas (Perspex) for LED displays? I need to make filters for some panel meters of my own design, but am having trouble finding...
42
42

Where is the technology of 3d video?
Our vision is binocular, and there are 3D displays, and 3D cameras, that implement two-image recordings. But, from stereo microscopes, we can also get real-time viewing of a three-dimensional object....
11
11

Two-transistor circuits--can we get to 100?
So it seems like this should have its own thread. From the JL thread, I've collected the following. I've edited it a bit, and tried to avoid NPN/PNP duplication. Different feedback arrangements seem a...
89
89