Subject Author Posted Replies

Rats Desert Sinking Ship
Hurricane Irma is already causing insurance stocks to plunge- double digits! Storm damage assessments expected to smash all previous records.

Hurricane Irma has become so strong it's showing up as an earthquake on seismometers
Irma, which is already the strongest hurricane ever recorded outside the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico, is likely to make landfall somewhere in Florida over the weekend. This will make Harvey a...

OT: What denial stage are you in?
Five stages of climate change denial: Yes it's the Guardian. But nobody can deny the stages. I see them right here on SED: 1.Deny the Problem Exists (all those scientists are lying!) 2.Deny We're the...
29
29

Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale
Irma is well into Cat 5 at 180 MPH wind speeds. Wherever it lands is going to look like it got hit by a bomb. From the NHC, Cat 5 damage assessment. Catastrophic damage will occur: A high percentage...
57
57

Top 20 Greenest Schools
Nerd centric hellholes conspicuously absent:
10
10

Eddy currents
If a permanent magnet passes by a flat piece of copper the size of a quarter (currency) , are there any eddy currents induced and I^2 losses occurring ?
18
18

Growth of Quantum Dots Market - Products, Technology, Material, Application, Business Strategies and Development
FREE | Request Sample Copy is Available at m/sample/TIPTE100000590 Quantum Dots are tiny nanocrystals of a semiconducting material with diamet er range of 2-10 nanometers. The optical and electronic...

Best way to remove DC offset ?
Could some electronics guru please help ? The SPICE simulation for a 50 MHz Colpitts oscillator has a 1.5 V DC offset. What would be the best way to filter it out ? AC coupling capacitors are not...
9
9

OT: Hilarious item of the day
OT: Hilarious item of the day... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142...
12
12

OT: Hospitals
Just got out of one. Actually signed myself out of the therapy/nursing plac e. Too much of an institution for me I was getting diminishing returns out of it, out of spite I guess they won't write me...
38
38

igh Speed Digital PCB Materials
Si-List has an interesting thread on recent advances in low-loss, low dispersion pcb materials. Some good to 100GHz. The thread starts at Scroll down to [SI-LIST] RF vs. High Speed Digital PCB...
3
3

Question regarding quarter wave plate impedance matching
Could some electronics guru please shed some light on this ? The input impedance looking into a quarter wave transmission line driving a load impedance ZL is: Zin = (Z0*Z0)/ZL Impedance matching...
3
3

What do you call.... (type of switch)?
What do you call the following type of switch? And where can you get some? I will do my best to explain it. I don't have a picture of one because I can't find it on the Internet. The switch consists...
6
6

OT: Strange Man
Trump was showing appreciation to some of our armed forces for the work they've been doing in Texas and he kept thanking them for doing "so much for the prestige of the services". I didn't once here...
43
43

keypad progress
We're doing a new box that will have a front panel with molded silicone keypads with backlit pushbuttons. We got prototype silicone thingies from Melrose. There are a zillion theories about the best...
25
25