Subject Author Posted Replies

Using a 6" length of 28 AWG IDC10 cable for audio hookup?
Is it feasible to use a 6" length of 28 AWG IDC10 cable to hookup a front panel to an audio PCB? The front panel contains: input and output stereo jacks, a volume control potentiometer, and a 12 VDC...
8
8

Programmable RF sig gen
I'm thinking about a new product line that will need a sinewave input signal in the 1 MHz to 3 GHz range. 0 dBm should do. We can test initial units manually, with a big signal generator, but if the...
21
21

Creepage and clearance, UL 840 vs IPC 2221
I am trying to reconcile PCB creepage distances between IPC2221 and UL840. In the past I have used the IPC2221 recommendations for PCB trace spacing, but have recently stumbled over UL840. To my...
12
12

ethernet temp and accelerometer
Hello, Does anyone know of a temp sensor and/or accelerometer that can communicate over ethernet... or maybe a simple microcontroller that can hook up to some sensors and output the data over...
6
6

XY plots in LT Spice
I can manually change the x-axis of a transient response graph, from time to some node voltage, by manually right-clicking on the graph x-axis. But that doesn't stick. Is there some spice directive I...
2
2

Boeing 737 Max software fix fails... again
Just when you thought it was safe to fly again... It make me think that every time you add code to close a loop-hole, you open new, smaller loopholes around the boundaries. Clifford Heath.
6
6

Fresh setback for Boeing's 737 MAX
Similar fault to last time found in software: -- This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through other protocols,...
46
46

Re: 9-decade transimpedance amplifier
That could work, sort of. The beauty of the Eckel circuit is the substantial range of its overlapping simultaneous outputs, as you go through range changes. You won't be trying to digitize an opamp...
16
16

AI?
Are there some fundamental new principles to Artificial Intelligence? Seems to me like it's still just another heap of code.
11
11

Keypad to Wiegand Converter
I'm seeking an existing matrix keypad to Wiengand converter board. (Building one in q10's is less attractive.) I found the MaCaPS one, anyone know of others? -- A host is a host from coast to & no one...
4
4

Mil-Max Zero Profile Press-Fit Receptacles Keep Components Flush
I've used other Mil-Max low profile. These may help with a new design in the pipe line.

what a horrible data sheet
Is the thermal pad ground? Figs 1 and 2 make no sense. Not a lot makes sense. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
70
70

No Glaciers? - No Problem
An ingenious idea to build artificial glaciers at lower altitudes using pipes, gravity and night temperatures could transform an arid landscape into an oasis

JBD microLED 2 million nits, 10,000 DPI
Can you drive it? Regards, Boris Mohar Got Knock? - see: Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs (among other things) void _-void-_ in the obvious place
3
3

OT: milestone, the x-Chapters
Last night we handed over finished latex and eps files, for AoE The x-Chapters, to our long-suffering editor at CUP. Amazing stuff * went in during the last 10 days, plus I get to make submissions and...
69
69