Subject Author Posted Replies

Alkaline battery reverses polatirity - cause?
In my many years of dealing with electronics I've never seen this phenomena . I am curious as to a) the cause and b) the chemistry behind this. I have a remote control that has four AAA alkaline...
7
7

LT Spice library IRFZ44, Centered tapped Transformer and PV cell
Hi Dear all, Please help me to add following libraries in LT-Spice. 1. RFZ44 2. Centered tapped Transformer 3. PV cell Thank you in advance for your answer and cooperation. Regards, Qasim
13
13

Shade for panel-mount lighting
Does anyone make a panel lamp shade off-the-shelf? Something like a quarter section of a prolate spheroid (American) "football-shape" out of brass, say, that mounts to a rack chassis you could then...
5
5

BFQ18
In the data sheet, I wonder what "emitter capacitance" means.
8
8

Re: Paper Your Walls
They're a work of art IMV, especially the Major variant. The cylinder layout of 12.86 degrees apart must have taken some serious juggling to realise in practice. I know their cooling wasn't great due...
12
12

rounded pads
Rounded-corner pads are cool. U9 was throwing clearance errors with reasonable limits, but a bit of rounding fixed it. It's easy to do in PADS. Good for high voltages, too.
3
3

Cellphone texting problem
This may be a bit off topic, but I need an answer. This is becoming a real problem lately. My phone is an old fashioned flip phone. It does calls and texts ONLY. That is all I want and need. Im...
48
48

The new kilogram standard base material
Is Silicon 28 As it turns out, we can play with single Phosphorus atom stuck in there. Now that is electronics.
7
7

~60V shunt regulator... or not?
I recently bought one of these: which requires up to 70V input. I've made this circuit from an old UPS transformer and junk box parts:...
7
7

For concrete, climate change may mean a shorter lifespan
Article is five years old. Subject matter greatly expanded since. Nothing subjective about it any more, it is quite definitive. CO2 reacts with Fe in steel reinforcement causing expansion and...
17
17

Want to end congestion? Put a price on our roads
A 26-lane highway at $3 gigadollars that actually increases commute time by up to 50% ??? Hats off to Houston and their Katy Freeway! Ban the use of the very word, freeway, make it tollway. The days...
20
20

Nexperia F/F problem
I have a test circuit for some single flip flops, I'm testing a TinyLogic NC7SZ74: And Nexperia 74LVC2G74: It's just a divide-by-2 circuit, not-Q to D, preset and clear pulled high. With some...
15
15

Mains power puzzle
Hi to all my pals, on the bench I have a US made, bass instrument amplifier (Eden) in near new condition. It uses a 600VA toroidal tranny in the PSU. The "T5A" 20mm AC fuse installed was blown and...
97
97

Kill Youtube Ads
Youtubers often get carried away with ads, hoping to turn your patience into dollars. Some make you sit through the entire ad until it is finished. Others break your concentration so you forget what...
12
12

ecl comparator hysteresis
I'm going to use an ADCMP565 ecl-out comparator. The latch enable pins can be used to program hysteresis. On the A section, the hyst pins are sometimes called LEA and LEA, and in fig 6, LE and LEB....
35
35