Google Groups has Taken the Crap!

I opened a new tab and Google Groups no longer has the option of returning to classic format. Damn Google Groups!

Why do they care? The old and new format seem to work with the server the same. I am posting this on an old tab. They add ?oldui=1#! followed by the group name to get the classic interface. It won't load fresh, but it continues to work.

Ggggrrrr, dang Google Groups!

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com's profile photo snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Jun 11, 2020, 3:21:08 PM to

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rickster C

And Google photo's is going to be a subscription service after next June.

Bar stewards.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

OMG... me too. Is there still something like eternal September? I clicked some help button and got this..

(A game of slides and ladders.. no thanks.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Sure. Once you sign up on ES, it'll show you the newsgroup list. I use ES, AIOE, and Supernews.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

You are aware they give you the first 15GB for free right?

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,500 miles of free Supercharging
Rickster C

AIOE is free and Thunderbird works good enough for me. I like the filters and the ignore thread features.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

ing to classic format. Damn Google Groups!

the same. I am posting this on an old tab. They add ?oldui=1#! followed by the group name to get the classic interface. It won't load fresh, but it continues to work.

I tried T-bird thinking if it worked out for newsgroups I could try it for my email. I never got confident enough to switch from the old standby Eudo ra. Good thing. Eventually T-bird took the crap and with the poor support it never resumed working. I was able to read the files into Sea Monkey as they have a common code base, but a year or so later IT took a dump. I ga ve up and decided Google groups is good enough.

Well, now Google Groups has taken a dump!!!

I've given it a try and it does so much poorly that it's a real piece of... work. They don't give a mode for viewing in a mono font anymore I think t hey call it "Show Original". It's in the menu, but greyed out for these gr oups, apparently to protect users privacy. Google has no concept of usenet .

Pure idiots. I would say they are worse then the ultra-right posters here, but I don't want to offend the ultra-right posters that badly by suggestin g there is a comparison.

BTW, one of the youtube videos someone posted suggested I watch a Craig Fer guson video with Alice Eve... OMG!

--

  Rick C.

  -- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rickster C

I've always used Outlook Express on Windows XP which has now moved into Hyper-V on Windows 10. I have other software which occasionally requires use of XP.

I don't care much for Google but they are hard to avoid.

Reply to
Edward Rawde

Loni Anderson in a white dress on the old Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

rning to classic format. Damn Google Groups!

r the same. I am posting this on an old tab. They add ?oldui=1#! follow ed by the group name to get the classic interface. It won't load fresh, bu t it continues to work.

he

for my email. I never got confident enough to switch from the old standby Eudora. Good thing. Eventually T-bird took the crap and with the poor sup port it never resumed working. I was able to read the files into Sea Monke y as they have a common code base, but a year or so later IT took a dump. I gave up and decided Google groups is good enough.

f... work. They don't give a mode for viewing in a mono font anymore I thi nk they call it "Show Original". It's in the menu, but greyed out for thes e groups, apparently to protect users privacy. Google has no concept of us enet.

ere, but I don't want to offend the ultra-right posters that badly by sugge sting there is a comparison.

Ferguson video with Alice Eve... OMG!

You had to start me down another rabbit hole...

--

  Rick C.

  -+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rickster C

Comedian Flip Wilson "The devil made me do it".

T Bird is undergoing a change. It's up to 83.0b3 (64-bit) I guess I'm on the beta update channel.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Rickster C wrote: ===============

** Yep - been avoiding that until now.

One thing, I could not find the "Mark all Read " command - it's under the three vertical dots icon. Who knew?

But the larger pint on screen suits me fine. GG is not all bad, except for the brain dead trolls it invited onto usenet.

People like you.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

This reminds me of a Randy Newman song asking God....

Lord, if you won't take care of us Won't you please, please let us be?

Google gets little to noth Man means nothing he means less to me Than the lowliest cactus flower Or the humblest Yucca tree He chases round this desert Cause he thinks that's where I'll be That's why I love mankind

--

  Rick C.

  +- Get 1,500 miles of free Supercharging
  +- Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209
Reply to
Rickster C

Thanks for the hint :-)

I just returned to Thunderbird for the first time in 10 years, the web interface for Google Groups just gets worse and worse

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Klaus Kragelund wrote: ===================

** Yep - it now has a most annoying habit of *forcing * you to write on the bottom edge of your screen if you reply to the last message in a thread. As is happening to me right now.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

My internet provider xs4all.nl just has an associated mailserver webmail.xs4all.nl and an nntpserver news.xs4all.nl. Is that uncommon?

Groetjes Albert

--
This is the first day of the end of your life.
It may not kill you, but it does make your weaker.