Berex - Korean maker of RF parts

Just a heads-up. I just came across . They seem to make a nice range of RF parts, including some in categories that are getting a bit sparse elsewhere.

Some here might find them useful. Others might have already, and wish to comment.

Clifford Heath

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Mesfets! But looks like bare die.

Science teaches us to doubt.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
jlarkin

Interesting. I don't think I'd heard of Berex before ?

Reply to
boB

They also have packaged power pHEMTs, but they're in ceramic macro-X package$$$. Interesting though.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yes, interesting. We have a couple of older products that use mesfets, but they will soon be gone, replaced by GaN.

Their small phemts are not unique; there are a few other sources.

Science teaches us to doubt.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
jlarkin

Their main products were chips and wafers, so an issue with identification . . .

Was unaware that they were starting to package in plastic, with nice, short, full part numbers on SOT89.

NATO using plastic from S.Korea?

RL

Reply to
legg

I hadn't heard of them either. Yet, their home page says they've been around since 2003. They have offices in Silicon Valley and in Santa Ana. Very little press since 2011: Only the most recent news articles were in RF journals and web sites that I read. Only 2 US patents. The other patents are in South Korea, but do appear on Google Patent search. They recently bought OctoTech, which makes IoT front end modules. I found only one announcement online: I couldn't find any financials. I think we may have found a good example of how to maintain a "low profile".

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Am 12.11.20 um 16:18 schrieb legg:

I have just tried a Mini Circuits SOT-89 part on 10 GHz. What a lame thing, something with xxx-123! Not much gain left over there.

The ADF5356 has an output frequency doubler from 6 to 12 GHz. Fundamental suppression is a joke. After the SOT-89 amplifier there was more fundamental than intended output. A micro strip notch filter and a AD/Hittite HMC451LP3 did the trick.

I have also made a 9-11 GHz micro strip band pass with ADS on Rogers TMM6, intelligent component auto-generation style without even using the Momentum electromagnetics sim. First try was usable, although I changed the gap in the i/o transformers from 3 to 5 mil by hand to keep the board producer from complaining. That introduced some ripple that could be seen in the equation-based simulation. I wished I had a license myself!

Transfer to Altium via DXF produced a skeleton only. Gerber transfer worked better. I could make an Altium library part from the filter via Gerber inport.

I can just take the filter from the lib into the schematic now, and in the corresponding layout the properly placed dozen of ustrip lines pop up and can be moved and rotated just like all other part decals.

1.5 dB pass band loss. I like it! <

Cheers, Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

If GVA-123+, there's supposed to be 12dB, with a couple GHz to spare.

RL

Reply to
legg

Maybe they just opened a US office in 2003 ?

Reply to
boB