Subject Author Posted Replies

The 12V level shifter saga
Hi, I am working on a high-current 4-switch buck-boost converter. The switches are psmnr70-40sshj, which -- with their 202nC gate charge -- makes the 12A gate driver MCP14A1202 a perfect spouse. The...
45
45

We would not be here were it not for DTSS
This is one of the major groups that brought us forward.
100
100

Cheapest way to make a cooling chamber?
Hi I am working on something for my own business So need to do testing at below 0 degrees C What would be a cheapskate way to do it? Just a household freezer? Product is just 20x20x20
87
87

02-02-2020
Monday will be 02-02-2020.
32
32

duty cycle sweep
I'm doing an LT Spice sim where I want to sweep a duty cycle from 0 to 100% and graph a resulting power supply output, basically kill the error amp and run open-loop. I'm doing this, which works but...
5
5

Whats wrong with Boeing
Some new insights into the fundamental problems in Boeing, by Mentor Pilot, a 737 pilot.
3
3

RIP Barrie Gilbert
The brilliant and prolific circuit designer Barrie Gilbert, holder of over 100 US patents, who was perhaps best know for a circuit block that carries his name, passed away yesterday after a fall....
6
6

OT: Bon Voyage UK!
In about 45 minutes from now, the UK will finally leave the EU. I'll be raising a glass or two of bubbly to the British (and especially the English and the Welsh) for having the fortitude to face down...
63
63

DIY smd reflow
I need to quit watching damn youtube videos and listening to 100 different answers. All I want to do, once in a while, is solder some SMD parts. I'm ordering a hot air gun but -- also playing around...
18
18

Potting material recommendations?
Hi, folks:- Non-negotiable have to pot a circuit because it's going to see extreme g forces, vibration and nasty environment. Wide temperature range too. Electrical characteristics other than good...
19
19

OT: Lyft and Uber Really Suck!
I need a ride tomorrow morning and I spent an hour trying to get Uber to sc hedule a ride for me. Some of their app is not clear how to use, like sett ing a pickup time. But mostly it was just the...
10
10

Sharing idea, eliminating IO leakage currents
Hi This may have been done before, but for me it was a solution to a week long problem with a circuit Say you have a voltage you need to measure with an ADC, let say 10V We need a voltage divider to...
6
6

SSPA
Long time listener, first time caller here. Does anyone have recommended sources for aerospace quality solid state power amplifiers ( between 1 to 2 kW peak power output range, center frequency above...
6
6

LED driver
This is a single-cell, single inductor, single transistor LED driver. The values are all my first wild guesses, none tuned or tweaked, so it could be improved. Efficiency is 70% with 1.6 mW into the...
28
28

sad state of the Americal press
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
19
19