UHF Bowtie Antenna design

Looking at all the designs of 4 bay bowtie antennas on-line for sale and diy designs, Can someone explain why on the 4 bay bowties that the leads are crossed between the top 2 bowties and the bottom 2 bowties ?

What does this help or prevent ? Thanks Sid.

Reply to
Sid 03

Google can. You just use these words: bowtie antenna wire crossover And not far down the search results is a reference to a page giving an explanation.

Reply to
Edward Rawde

The AARL Antenna handbook has a good description of design of bow-tie antennas and why the cross over is done. Been a while but, IIRC, to ensure that the two signals are in phase at the feed point and add constructively J

Reply to
Three Jeeps

I broke out my ARRL book and looked for BowTie, but there is no mention of it. I did find a part on a 'Fan Dipole', but very little info other than it broadens the frequency range.

From what I read other places, the objective of the design is to keep the feed-point the same distance to all the bowTie connections. Keeping that rule in mind, you could conceivable gang as many antennas together as you wanted, Right ?

Reply to
Sid 03