Subject Author Posted Replies

Google and Yahoo Spam Filtering
I've been routing email through Google and Yahoo accounts in order to provi de backup as well as spam filtering. It used to work that if Google recogn ized an email as spam it would be filtered into a...

Reflecting on the gravity of the situation...

OT: nuclear fusion might not be quite as far off in the future as we've thought.
Today's issue of the Proceedings of the (US) National Academy of Sciences opens with a tolerably interesting article It's likely to be a more compact solution than ITER, and could get working earlier....
61
61

Hot air soldering station recommendation
Hi I am trying to get my lab up to speed, so now I need a hot air soldering station Seen this one: Cheap, but any good? Other recommendation that does not blow the bank? Regards Klaus
8
8

Electronic pressure sensors. gauges
If I make a pumped probe thing, it needs a pressure gauge. (maybe two) How to do that on the cheap? For the pumped chamber I'd like a range of ~10-1000 Torr, (But I'm happy for thread drift into other...
10
10

Rework station help
Could anyone give me their recommendations on an inexpensive rework station? One of these < 65 buck jobs? Too many to choose from -- never owned one so thought I'd ask. Yihua? etc. All I want to do...
2
2

OT The universal number TWO!
HehehehehHAHHAHAHahaha!

geothermal solar thermal storage
Hi, Here is an interesting geothermal project: In the summer solar thermal collectors are used to heat the ground, and in the winter the heat is extracted from the ground: "The temperature of the...
41
41

BOXRoot Directory for Sandbox
I discovered a BOXRoot directory in the root of my C drive. It either wasn 't there the other day or has been hidden. Googling it talks about it bein g used for sandbox files. I use an AVS that...

CPU fan buck converter, miniature
I had finished a new PCB version of my compact 250A analog pulser, with a newly-added CPU fan. The fan was powered with an 78L12, hey, there wasn't room for much else. But it was obvious its 300mA...
32
32

OT: A Possible Second Disease to be Eradicated from the Earth!
I just read about a disease caused by infection by the parasite Dracunculus medinensis, called Guinea worm disease. It infects those drinking unfilte red surface water. There is no cure for the...
13
13

The x-Chapters: A missing topic!
I am just reading the first page of the "The x-Chapters" When I read the line: "PWM for dc motors - a myth demolished" a thought pop out of my brain: There is something missing: The peltier element -...
2
2

Ping John Larkin, Phil Hobbs etc. re books
Been lurking on this news group for many years. I thought the two gentleme n mentioned above (and others) could give me advice regarding disposition o f technical books. I have probably over a 1000...
10
10

My own private idaho (self employ)
So I've been in this kinda dark place... partly due to BS from my PPoE. (need not be discussed) But that looks to finally be behind me! I went down to visit with Phil H. for a day, (wonderful...
72
72

Negative 48 Volts DC
Is anyone willing to explain Negative 48 Volts DC? I'm trying to learn about it because we're using it for a few things at work (servers and switch equipment) and I'd like to better understand what...
80
80