COVID Can Cause Forgetfulness, Psychosis, Mania or a Stutter

The virus induces neurological symptoms that persist long after the pandemi c ends

Incidence of insanity is expected to soar by a 100-fold. Investigators are now discovering numerous ways the infection causes permanent brain damage. Virus protein particles and inflammatory cytokines/ cytochemes set in motio n all kinds of processes that ultimately damage neurons and hence brain fun ction. This is all non-regenerative tissue and self-repair is more of a re- wiring process if it occurs at all, and that takes a very long time.

This is not speculation, it is findings based on dissection of brain tissue collected from the dead.

Fred Bloggs

mic ends.

It can. In severe cases it can kill you, which is a particularly dramatic n eurological symptom - your brain stops working entirely

e now discovering numerous ways the infection causes permanent brain damage .

I wonder where that 100-fold came from. Fred is prone to alarmism, and can find things to get alarmed about in rather bizarre places

ion all kinds of processes that ultimately damage neurons and hence brain f unction. This is all non-regenerative tissue and self-repair is more of a r e-wiring process if it occurs at all, and that takes a very long time.

ue collected from the dead.

Most of the discussion was confined to people who had been hospitalised - w hich is to say that they had gotten seriously sick. Anything from 10% to 30 % of them die. If you get that sick, there are lots of ways of getting inci dental brain damage.

Covid-19 may have unique ways of damaging your brain, but i Fred's case it merely seems to have scared him out of his wits.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Let's look on the bright side for once, Fred. At least we were lucky this Chinese bio-weapon escaped from that lab in Wuhan before it was fully perfected. We now know what we may be up against from them in the future and prepare our defences accordingly. Given what we have seen thus far, it's unlikely to be a simple matter, however.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I suppose there's no reason why some virus couldn't be developed that kills 90%, or 99%, of the humans on the planet. Let's hope that anti-viral research keeps ahead of weaponized-virus research.

It's a dangerous future out there. And there is no effective regulation in prospect. The amateur experimenter in 10 or 20 years from now will have at his disposal, all readily available, devices which will facilitate the cutting and pasting (for want of a better term) of DNA to create bespoke viruses. Consquently it's not hard to imagine some proportion of these dabblers will be tempted to try to stitch together some pathogen with the transmissibility of the common cold combined with the virulence of smallpox (or worse). For all the threat of nuclear war which we have lived under for most of our lives, this era may be looked back upon fondly as some sort of golden age of peace and security by comparison. :(

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

There was some sci-fi short story, a long time ago, where some small country was threatened with invasion from some big one. So they developed a lethal virus, immunized their population, and discussed that with the invading army at the border or something.

I'm having second thoughts about the Covid jab, John. Tony Blair has gone into one of his missions to encourage everyone to take it (the Pfizer/Biontech one) which for me is a big deal-breaker. I do NOT trust that bastard one inch. Aside from that, emerging reports seem to indicate it's not as effective as claimed and has some unfortunate side effects - including death. I think I'll wait until the Oxford/Astrazenica one becomes available, or maybe just not bother at all.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

emic ends

re now discovering numerous ways the infection causes permanent brain damag e. Virus protein particles and inflammatory cytokines/ cytochemes set in mo tion all kinds of processes that ultimately damage neurons and hence brain function. This is all non-regenerative tissue and self-repair is more of a re-wiring process if it occurs at all, and that takes a very long time.

sue collected from the dead.

Cursitor Doom is confident that Covid-19 is an escaped bio-weapon, in the s ame way that he's confident that I'm a Cultural Marxist, and that Joe Biden is a puppet of the international globalist conspiracy - he does like his d elusions to be floridly nonsensical.

e our defences accordingly.

The "we" here is bonkers conspiracy theory nutters, and the defenses will b e heavy on the silver bullets and the garlic.

wever.

It's a lot simpler for pathological lunatics like Cursitor Doom and his col leagues than it is for people with a better - any - grasp of reality.

--
Bill Sloman
Reply to

Mainly because half-wits like Cursitor Doom can post their absurd and malicious fantasies on forums where they come up without a government health warning.

According to Cursitor Doom, wouldn't know about it if there was.

Probably not. If you can't now buy concentrated nitric acid, your chances of getting your hands on gear that could be used to create a bespoke virus aren't going to be good.

Cursitor Doom doesn't find it hard to imagine all kinds of implausible fantasies - the kind of fatuous conspiracy theories to which he is addicted are full of them, and his feeble creative powers can manage a little cutting and pasting.

Probably not.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The other adjacent big countries wouldn't have been impressed. Wiping out o ne aggressive neighbour is one thing - wiping out all you other neighbours looks rather like anti-social behavior.

There was a Christopher Anvil story about some biological wizards who sprea d a particularly fast-growing plant on a border in the path of an invading army, but Christopher Anvil wrote particularly idiotic science fiction - ev en if John W Campbell bought his stories for Analog.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I recently had two vaccine shots at once, flu and shingles. I was sick for a week, broke 101F for a few days. Both arms felt like they'd been hammered. I never get flu, so I should just refuse flu shots.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

There are several hypothetical explanations for why you felt so bad. Since both arms hurt, the likeliest explanation is that your immune system produc ed a non-linear reaction to the combined assault, and what you should have done is delayed one of the two for a week. Granting what doctors charge for giving shots, that might have been expensive, but in Australia you can get flu shots from a pharmacy, which is cheaper.

You haven't got flu so far because you have always had flu shots - they don 't protect against all strains of flu, but they do protect against the more common ones. Giving up even that level of protection wouldn't be wise. Tal k to your wife about it - she may have been silly enough to marry you, but at least she's not silly enough to post stuff on s.e.d.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

pandemic ends

rs are now discovering numerous ways the infection causes permanent brain d amage. Virus protein particles and inflammatory cytokines/ cytochemes set i n motion all kinds of processes that ultimately damage neurons and hence br ain function. This is all non-regenerative tissue and self-repair is more o f a re-wiring process if it occurs at all, and that takes a very long time.

tissue collected from the dead.

There are no such emerging reports. In fact it is just the opposite:

Fred Bloggs

ndemic ends

are now discovering numerous ways the infection causes permanent brain dam age. Virus protein particles and inflammatory cytokines/ cytochemes set in motion all kinds of processes that ultimately damage neurons and hence brai n function. This is all non-regenerative tissue and self-repair is more of a re-wiring process if it occurs at all, and that takes a very long time.

issue collected from the dead.

Ture that gene editing technology and commercially available platforms are more precise than ever before. But the one BIG drawback is it's impossible to predict beforehand the effect of the viral mutation.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

e more precise than ever before. But the one BIG drawback is it's impossibl e to predict beforehand the effect of the viral mutation.

Not exactly impossible, but very difficult. The protein folding problem is hard, and until you know the shape of the mutant protein, you can't begin t o think what it might do in action. If it can interact with a protein that wasn't previously involved in the process, prediction gets even more diffic ult.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Fred Bloggs wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

That must be what happened to the DoeTard.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno