Subject Author Posted Replies

LT Spice Sync Release
There used to be Tools/Sync Release but now I see Tools/Update Components. Is that just me?
2
2

A question about treatment area vs Volume
Two styles of electrostatic treatment vessels, one is a circuitous snake route. Each trough has 11" square plates 1" apart. Easy to calculate plate area vs volume. Now, also looking at a coaxial pipe...
7
7

New Semiconductor Device book
Dear forum members, My promised book on semiconductor devices has been published by Springer and is available at: purchased from the Springer site, the book is available chapter wise - one can buy...
3
3

Vector Network Analysis
Gentlemen, Ladies, Transexuals and Australians, Do we *really* need S22 and S12 any more? I know they're nice to have - and indeed essential for some designers - but increasingly the trend in...
6
6

Operative Word: Dreaming (of hydrogen power)
In the May 22 to June 4, 2023) issue of Aviation Week, on page 5, there was a very interesting long letter from Greg A Lloyd of Pullman, Washington, to the editor on the practicalities of the Hydrogen...

ECE news google group (a Electrical and Computer Engineering equivalent of ML-news)
Hello, Inspired by the thriving ML-news google group community and the lack of any such community for ECE engineers, I have made an ECE news google group. This group is made to serve as a forum for...

more phemts
calls these both MMICs and Transistors, but they sure look like bare transistors. The 45 MHz lower frequency limit is strange. THey do have DC curves, which is refreshing in an RF part. Rds-on, seldom...
10
10

Tww
Tww it the dimensionless factor (how many parts you tidly-wink and lose) / (how many parts you want) which, for 0603's, runs 0.6 or so.
8
8

Ping John Larkin - SiC FETs
I have not finished watching this but I will give you the link anyway: degradation of SiC FETs under pulse conditions. I hope this is interesting for you. (or anyone else, for that matter)
4
4

Brake pad size
I got new 2014 pads that won't fit in my 2012 Nissan Leaf. Did they change size in 2014? What is the typical brake pad size? 2012: 6.5" total length 2014: 5.5" total length Should I change to the...
27
27

Using Agent?
I'm trying to get this new Win11 system to make sense. I got the new version of the Agent newsreader. It works, but for one weird thing: If someone includes a web link somewhere inside their post, and...
1
1

UV meter, 220nm, recommendations for purchase
Hi I need to purchase a UV meter to measure on a UV driver. Wavelengt is 220nm. Can anyone recommend a good cheap variant? I have been recommended: USB2000+ and from: Klaus
3
3

Novel 1.7v Blue OLED
A breakthrough in low voltage blue LEDs announced recently this manages to produce 2.7eV blue photons from an applied voltage of 1.47v! It is the chemical equivalent of a Cockcroft-Walton voltage...
4
4

OT: EV Insurance Costs Soar!
Women and homos trying to appear to save the planet face *much* higher insurance costs: penny's finally dropping and when it's generally accepted that EVs can cause catastrophic fires which destroy...
2
2

Substitutes for the 7400 family....
I'd like to verify that 74F##(#) family can replace the 74##(#) chips which are getting rather expensive or of unknown (?) quality if one is second sourcing them from folks like Unicorn, or eBay...
15
15