Subject Author Posted Replies

more phemts
calls these both MMICs and Transistors, but they sure look like bare transistors. The 45 MHz lower frequency limit is strange. THey do have DC curves, which is refreshing in an RF part. Rds-on, seldom...
10
10

Tww
Tww it the dimensionless factor (how many parts you tidly-wink and lose) / (how many parts you want) which, for 0603's, runs 0.6 or so.
8
8

Ping John Larkin - SiC FETs
I have not finished watching this but I will give you the link anyway: degradation of SiC FETs under pulse conditions. I hope this is interesting for you. (or anyone else, for that matter)
4
4

Brake pad size
I got new 2014 pads that won't fit in my 2012 Nissan Leaf. Did they change size in 2014? What is the typical brake pad size? 2012: 6.5" total length 2014: 5.5" total length Should I change to the...
27
27

Using Agent?
I'm trying to get this new Win11 system to make sense. I got the new version of the Agent newsreader. It works, but for one weird thing: If someone includes a web link somewhere inside their post, and...
1
1

UV meter, 220nm, recommendations for purchase
Hi I need to purchase a UV meter to measure on a UV driver. Wavelengt is 220nm. Can anyone recommend a good cheap variant? I have been recommended: USB2000+ and from: Klaus
3
3

Novel 1.7v Blue OLED
A breakthrough in low voltage blue LEDs announced recently this manages to produce 2.7eV blue photons from an applied voltage of 1.47v! It is the chemical equivalent of a Cockcroft-Walton voltage...
4
4

OT: EV Insurance Costs Soar!
Women and homos trying to appear to save the planet face *much* higher insurance costs: penny's finally dropping and when it's generally accepted that EVs can cause catastrophic fires which destroy...
2
2

Substitutes for the 7400 family....
I'd like to verify that 74F##(#) family can replace the 74##(#) chips which are getting rather expensive or of unknown (?) quality if one is second sourcing them from folks like Unicorn, or eBay...
15
15

Six-pointed stars in JWST images
The six-pointed stars we see in all JWST images are rather disturbing, yet, it should be easy enough to filter them out. Why don't they? Jeroen Belleman
5
5

China Housing Market
China'a birthrate hit a 70 year low and their housing market is taking a hit. <> I remember Mao-Tse-Tung's one child policy. It sounded like he had a helluva idea. What's that old saying about...

– including these $150 beers
Tesla goons will buy anything – including these $150 beers • The Register Tesla goons will buy anything – including these $150 beers • The Register
4
4

chess and silicon scanners
The top chess programs now demolish the grandmasters. Scandals have developed, involving cheating, with players wearing hidden devices. Recently, the world champion lost a game, apparently agitated,...
3
3

Luton Airport flights suspended after large car park fire
I bet there were many BEVs in that garage. .<>Reminds me of Stavanger Airport in Norway a few years ago. Joe Gwinn All flights are suspended after a fire at a multi-storey car park that has up to...
83
83

Win11 repair
I just "upgraded" from Windows 7 to 11. The new PC is a lot faster running Spice. But the File Explorer is a horror. When I drag/drop a file, the cursor becomes a giant ugly icon. When I copy a file...
34
34