Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Speedy downloads: Why NASA is turning to lasers for next-gen space comms
Your Sloman rating: "recycled news", 0 I'm thinking of a system where you'd have classify the post you were reacting as "on-topic" - electronics, or "science", "culture", "politics", "recycled...

Re: Calorie restriction in humans builds strong muscle and stimulates healthy aging genes
Your Sloman rating: "recycled propganda", -1
7
7

OT: Amodest proposal
This user group clearly needs moderation, but moderation doesn't work. The peer-review system in scientific publication does work, more or less, but it is very difficult to get referees to review...
1
1

Has anybody tried this transimpedance amplifier?
the input current noise lower than that of the LT1028 below 1 kHz? Regards, https://www.newport.com/p/70710.

inductor tc
I'm used to an air core inductor having a positive tempco of inductance around +120 PPM/k or so, just from the physical expansion of the copper increasing the diameter. But this Coilcraft midi-spring...
2
2

parts research
We spend a lot of time rearching parts. I'd like to have a consutant available to help now and then. Anybody interested?
1
1

Laid-up new trains
<>In European hell the British are the chefs, Germans are the comedians, French are the engineers... 150 votes, 17 comments. 30K subscribers in the Amtrak community. r/Amtrak is for anything Amtrak...
7
7

Cheap pulse 1:1 transformer
Hi I am on the lookout for a cheap 1:1 pulse transformer. Will be using it to drive a MOSFET based Solid State Switch. I know Larkin has used the DRQ127 I am looking to see if I can find bottom...
22
22

Humane Ai Pin
This is astounding. I thought it was a hoax when I first saw the article about it. A replacement for a cell phone. If its a hoax, somebody went to a lotta trouble! Check it out. <>
3
3

Fluke has lost their mind
of their handheld DVMs are over $400. 3 test leads (red, black, green) connected to low-leakage probes | 3 alligator clips (red, black, green) | 2.6m lead length | 26mm maximum jaw opening |...
10
10

X5R C-V data
the 10u cap is better at all voltages, but the ratio is like 5:1 at 0 volts but only 2:1 at 10 volts. Shared with Dropbox Shared with Dropbox
5
5

trying to buy Agent
I'm running the 30-day trial of newsreader Agent 8. It keeps warning me that the trial is almost up. I keep trying to buy it and their order page keeps crashing. I leave voicemails and nobody...
15
15

3 x AA battery holder box needed but custom made.
Hi there, I need some help in making a very basic unit, which consists of 3 x AA battery holder 4.5v, Toggle switch, L.E.D light, 1 meter cable with opposing crocodile clips + & - (red and Black) this...

Minicircuits ZFL-500 directivity question
How is "directivity" defined for these Minicircuits gain blocks? Datasheet here: <>Across the bandwidth of interest I'm measuring S21 as about 20-something dB give or take a dB which seems fine, S12...
21
21

Potential reference oscillator of the NIF
Back in November 2021 IEEE Spectrum published this article. can get a very low jitter clock out of whispering-gallery mode oscillator made with a big lump of sapphire cooled to about 6K. It's big and...