You are supposed to glue these Ecore halves together, but

You are supposed to glue these Ecore halves together, but

this is more flexible, allows me to insert air gap spacing later if needed, not so messy as super glue, re-windable, and was easier. It also protects the core from anything hitting it.

Usenet patent applied for.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Adhesive / sticky / durex tape works good too.

Reply to
Dennis

Your work keeps getting neater and neater. I could actually read your last schematic. What's going on here?

John

On a sunny day (Fri, 04 Nov 2011 08:14:40 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Thank you John. Yes, I guess it is getting better with age. Here is a nice link for you:

What I was wondering, if I put some thorium around that thing, and if you follow those replies you will see that it produces 2MeV neutrons, so fast neutrons, if the thorium would fission (you could use some thorium containing welding rods). So was studying nuclear physics.. The thing in that picture is nine orders of magnitude below break even, but adding the thorium, would it produce enough heat to say make some steam, or heat the house (warm water)? Of course at my age radiation is not much of an issue anymore. But that seems too simple no? And I wonder where non-proliferation comes in. Come to think of it, like I stated before, anybody and their dog can go nuclear these days, Let's hope Iran does not read these posts, or anyone actually.. LOL

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

containing welding rods).

How does that thing work? It looks kind of like the Farnsworth gadget.

John

I've used multiple zip ties to get 90 degree corners.

Reply to
D from BC

On a sunny day (Fri, 04 Nov 2011 08:35:13 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

containing welding rods).

Farnsworth used electron guns, like in a CRT, to create ions and then shot those and at the place the beam intersected some would collide and fusion would occur. It was later improved by Robert Hirch using two concentric grids.

I have followed 'fusor' development for many years (> 10), and even prepared to build one, but my main problem is that I am not very experienced in vacuum stuff, I also need the vacuum stuff for some other very interesting experiment, one I was building all those radiation counters for, the one that accidently created the timewarp side effect and flattened part of Japan. I redid the calculations, and managed to point to Washington. that worked but they called it 'your fault' so it is your problem. Then I tried it locally and that worked too, Since then I have been eying that fault near Gibraltar, that would flatten all nuke plants in the south of France, but it seems Sarcozy won't be re-elected for an other term so who knows. Have not powered it up since. The main thing about time warps is that, as the earth moves through space, and if you even warp back a microsecond in some area, that area will wanna be somewhere else in space, this causes the crust to crack at the fault lines. Takes very little power it seems, so huge power gain. like in MOSFETS, But this thing, nuclear physics, when was a kid I wanted to be a (jet) pilot, then I wanted to be a nuclear physicists (after reading about the bomb, and visiting some exhibition, somebody also gave me quite a nice book),\but it is a bit now as when I had to write software for digital TV, and as experienced analog person had to understand the digital TV system, fascinating journey, now I had the same experience diving into nuclear physics, and now I need to be able to do the math, Brain exercise is good 4 your.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 04 Nov 2011 09:23:07 -0700) it happened D from BC wrote in :

Ah, yes, clever.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Just about every electronics project I do uses hot glue in some way. I turn on the scope and plug in the glue gun. :P imexp. hot glue does ok keeping ferrite together but if there's anything forcing the pieces apart such as packed in windings, it gaps too much.

Reply to
D from BC

I use hot glue, can always break it loose with some simple heat source that way.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

I normally use masking tape -- it's class A insulation, good enough for a test!

I have some (professionally done) which are tied with those ratchet-and-crimp flat tension bands.

Tim

Tim Williams

I've seen plastic corner pieces. Radius on the outside (with a groove to keep the zip tie in place) and square corners on the inside. They seem to distribute the load across more of the core than just plain zip ties. But I don't know where to get them.

Rock is dead! Long live paper and scissors!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.