Words of wisdom

  1. DICK

Excluding a nick name for Richard. It's origin stems from a device used for picking up heavy loads with a hole in the center. The device normally employs some kind of boom that inserts into a hole of the load being moved or lifted. Commonly found as horizontal round stock steel on rolling stands for picking up loads with a hole in it.

  1. PECKER HEAD.

Access point commonly found on motors and giving this name because you can peck at the wires coming out of the motor into a headed box. This box normally is sloped a little on the cover to gain easy access because the pecker head is mostly side mounted. Thus you could remove the cover and peak the wires at the head of the motor.

And you thought I was swearing! :)

And on the last note. Even though the term "Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey" has been said not valid sense no one can find evidence to say either, how ever, the fact remains that plates were used to hold the canon balls in place on a ship with indentations which is called a monkey. Brass monkey because that is what it was made of back then more or less. More copper than anything else I guess. So, if you have steel monkeys or brass monkeys.. I guess it gives a whole new meaning to monkeys! Does that mean, monkeys have balls of steel? :)

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie