Women Turned off by Electronics

Ever been on a date and you don't like her? And you don't want her to call anymore?

Just talk about electronics... :P It can be amazingly effective!

Say to her: "Guess what.. I simulated a line impedance stabilization network to study differential and common mode noise from a model of a switching power supply. It's difficult to model how all the components capacitively couple to an earth grounded enclosure. For example, unshielded toroidal inductors can capacitively couple to the enclosure......"

She's not gonna call again after that. :P Works every time for me...

Cruel? :P

D from BC British Columbia Canada.

Reply to
D from BC

Perhaps she preempted your behavior.

Reply to
Charles

Heh! Sounds like a good way to end up married to another engineer!

Get that from my wife all the time:

"If we had ever had a daughter, and she threatened to marry an engineer, I'd kick her rear end!"

My reply:

"Yeah, but Darlin', if we had a daughter, do you think maybe she might end wanting to be an engineer, rather than marrying one?"

What my wife has to say in answer to that... should best be unrecorded, I think!

W Letendre

Reply to
WJLServo

There is one problem with this method: they may tell other women about you being totally boring! On the other hand, the one that is not put-off by your techno brabble may be the one that stays forever.

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

snipped-for-privacy@puntnl.niks (Nico Coesel) wrote in news:47a79fe1.179528268 @news.planet.nl:

Or you could just tell her that you don't like her and you don't want her to call anymore...

Reply to
me

Could work against you at times.

I've had people (of both sexes) become very interested and ask if I "fixed" CD Players, tape recorders, radios, televisions (insert some home electronics box here).

I must have had a few bad weeks like that, because I started telling people that I was a first year apprentice butcher - just so they'd leave me alone.

But that backfired on me. Engineer works better.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to

Let's say it's a 1st date at a coffee shop. (Online dating.) To my shock, she's got a speech impediment. Drugs??, alcohol??, brain damage??, tongue cancer?? She sounds like Sylvester the cat.. :P And she also lied about her age... It's a an awkward situation. So...just be blunt and say "I don't like you...don't call anymore" and walk out?

Harsh :P

D from BC British Columbia Canada.

Reply to
D from BC

I find talking about the F-15's thrust-to-weight ratio and low wing loading is also very effective. If I ever find a woman who quotes the F-15's time to climb record figures, I think I'd faint though.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

That's called "separat>Let's say it's a 1st date at a coffee shop. (Online dating.)

Within limits, that can be kinda sexy. Ever heard Nanci Griffith's speaking voice?

JeffM

Tongue piercing perhaps. Maybe not marriage material, but you could be in for a wild weekend.

Under 18?

Due to recent budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has
temporarily been turned off.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

With your luck she would tell you what you did wrong, and turn out to be the top designer at your biggest competitor.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

D -

You're seeking your girlfriend candidates from the wrong pool...

Ecnerwal

Mmmmm ... :) I could sign up for one of those women in technology special events. The womens event at Science World has pizza! :P

D from BC British Columbia Canada.

Reply to
D from BC

Nope... My date slurred her speech like Sylvester the cat.. Sufferin succotash! Her voice was just desffffpicable. :P

Gillian Anderson has a bit of a lisp.. That's sexy..

D from BC British Columbia Canada.

Reply to
D from BC

Of course, the part that she doesn't tell you is that she's simply availing herself of the opportunity to get out of the relationship without having to tell you you're repulsive. ("It's not you, it's me...") ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Go over to rec.aviation.military and meet Mary Schafer from Nasa_Dryden, SR71 blackbird engineer, and she will tell you things about F15 you didnt wanta know :-) Unfortuanelty, shes retired.

Steve

Reply to
osr

Are you saying she wants to turn your daughter into one of these?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

I don't think it's women who are turned off by electronics, it's men who are afraid of intelligent women.

We're just weeks away from our 48th Wedding Anniversary, and I can tell you there's nothing quite like an intelligent woman ;-)

...Jim Thompson

It won't work on girls who are stupid but wish they were smart. They'll be turned on by it.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

For more cruel effect, I make the electronics sound more interesting than they are.

"I love my oscilloscope. I think I'll clean the buttons tonight."

Just kills'm. :)

Also, good for a laugh after the date :P