Turned tv on and off and on rapidly, now its dead

I have a Toshiba tv/vcr combo

I turned it on with the remote one day, was not sure whether it had come on or not and pressed the button a couple of times a couple of seconds apart. I saw the tv screen blink as though being turned on and off very fast, and then nothing. Nothing on the unit will power up with either the remote or the power button on the front. It is completely silent with no response to either attempt to turn it on. It is made in year 2000, model Toshiba MV19K3CR Is there possibly some cheap little fuse somewhere inside that I can replace to fix this? Or is this a writeoff?

Reply to
cashcap

I think you wore the batterys out on the remote. It might be a couple bucks to fix.

Reply to
Erich J. Schultheis, The Man w

You can just about be sure it is not just a fuse. More than likely the rapid on/off power surges caused a primary component to short in either the horizontal or main power supply.

The only way to determine if it is a write off or worth fixing is to take it and the remote control into a reputable servicer for an estimate of repair. Most repair totals for that type of unit parts and labor run between $50 and $100. Odds are very high that it will be worth fixing if everything worked well before it was damaged.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Reply to
Dana

"cashcap" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Unplug it and leave it alone. Try it again in a few days. (I have seen many devices fixed this way.)

Puckdropper

--
www.uncreativelabs.net

still enjoy using the old computers. Sometimes we want to see how far a
particular system can go, other times we use a stock system to remind
ourselves of what we once had.

Puckdropper