Printing Calculator Off by a Digit

I have a Canon Palm Printer P1-D printing calculator. It works fine using just the LCD, but when I switch on the printing function, it prints a digit off.

For example when I type "8888" the display shows "8888" but the tape will read "9999".

Similarly, "1234" is printed as "2345".

There's a rotating rubberband that has numbers on one side, kind of like a daisy-wheel for a typewriter. Is there a way to reset this so that the correct digit is lined up with the print head?

Thanks.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Just try to move the rubberband one position to the left or the right.

--
mistermaniac
Reply to

Thanks, mistermaniac, that worked like a charm.

I ended up taking apart the whole calculator to expose the rubberband. I then had to remove a retaining clip that kept the rubberband from moving; then through trial and error I was able to slide a small screwdriver around the gear that causes the rubberband to rotate. Initially I overcompensated, and moved it too far in one direction and got digits that were way off. So I moved it little by little in the other direction until it printed properly.

Thanks very much for your advice. It turns out this was a purely mechanical fix.

Eric

Reply to
Eric