Women Turned off by Electronics

Pfew. My wife tells everybody 'I do something with computers'. I started skipping birthday parties because people would drag me behind their computer so I could fix it.

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

At cocktail parties I just say, "I make chips". They think potato chips ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I type and solder stuff.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

"fixed"

electronics

I play with computers. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Don't forget your 17th birthday (wow! you _were_ young ;).

But does she like electronic design?=20

--=20 Keith

Reply to
krw

It's even more cruel is when it's true.

Maybe that's why SWMBO doesn't let me have one. ;-)

I guess, if that's all you can do. But there's always the Internet.

--
Keith
Reply to

"fixed"

electronics

"I sit in front of a computer 14 hours a day." That's usually enough to get them to change the subject.

--
Keith
Reply to

I have grandchildren who've had more birthdays ;-)

She used to do my chip layouts when they were done on a drafting table (BC, before CAD) ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Better known as "4X".

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

I always told the truth. Funny thing was, no one ever asked me to fix their TV station or telemetry systems.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Come on Jim! We all know that you're so old, that your 'train of thought' is pulled by a steam engine! Before that, it was pulled by a '20 mule team'. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The CSX Railway (nee C&O) still uses steam "booster" engines to help the diesels get over the top of the Appalachian Mountains in WV.

When I was a kid traveling back-and-forth from Huntington, WV, to Boston (MIT) on the train, the Huntington to DC link was steam-powered. Then I changed to the New Haven (over-head electric) to continue to Boston.

...Jim Thompson

You missed the '20 mule team' joke. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Wasn't that show hosted by Ronald Reagan ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

It certainly was.

Jim, you and John Larkin and I need to form an old-farts alliance on this NG or the newbies are going to pound us into sand.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

The tusks are looser in Tuscaloosa!

Stop being a top posting retard.

Reply to
MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

Not likely. Twisting on "A Man for All Seasons", "They have not the competence" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

Now it sinks in. ;-)

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Not to mention that Sloman would want to be in charge.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida